Unexpected Axis/Motion Issues After Updating KMotion Software

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

a_j_p

Unexpected Axis/Motion Issues After Updating KMotion Software

Post by a_j_p » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:44 pm

I updated KMotion from 4.32 to 4.34 this afternoon, it is the first time that I have updated the software since getting the Kflop. I have my Kflop setup running a mill, closed loop stepper. I was using it all day yesterday and this morning, prior to the update w/o any issues - actually I have not had any issues since I got it all set up the first time.

Anyway, I get the software and board firmware updates done and setup KMotionCNC with my C Code as I had before (no changes to the C Code) but none of the axes behave as before... Now, when just using simple commands such as G0 X10, the machine physically moves the X axis 20mm instead of 10mm (this is also true for the Y-Axis; however for the Z Axis with G0 Z10 the machine physically moves 15mm instead of 10mm). If I set the DRO's to show the Encoder readout instead of commanded position, it follows along as if the axes are moving correctly. Also, despite having the Velocity, Acceleration, Jerk called in the C program it now seems that the movements of the machine (at least jogging with KMotionCNC and rapid G0 moves) are significantly faster than before.

The axis encoders interfacing with the Kflop, Ball Screws and Motors, etc. are all unchanged and the C Code I am using has all of the necessary info (gain, Inv. Dist Per Cycle, etc.) contained within it... So what is happening, why is this different now? Has anybody had this issue? Can somebody help me with this please?

The bulk of my C Code, at least the part that controls all of this, is attached; the rest of my C files typically just call a subroutine of this main attached file. All of the axis setup is shown in the 'initialize' function, which starts @ line 270 of the attached.
Attachments
AP_DEFINITIONS.c
(25.3 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

TomKerekes

Re: Unexpected Axis/Motion Issues After Updating KMotion Software

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi a_j_p,

It sounds like you haven't configured KMotionCNC Tool Setup parameters. Axis Resolutions, Jog Speeds, and such are configured there. See

You might copy over the file \Kmotion\Data\GCodeConfigCNC.txt to bring over the old settings less any new features. Although 4.32 is quite old so I'm not 100% certain there wouldn't be any compatibility issues. If there is an issue you will have to re-enter the parameters manually.

You might also read this article:
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

a_j_p

Re: Unexpected Axis/Motion Issues After Updating KMotion Software

Post by a_j_p » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:32 am

Thanks Tom,

Simple but yeah that was it... just needed to re-enter the counts/inch setting in the trajectory planner and all is back up and running.