Welcome to the Dynomotion forum!

Read the latest news and announcements from Dynomotion

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

dynomotion
Site Admin

Welcome to the Dynomotion forum!

Post by dynomotion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Welcome to the Dynomotion forum! Here you can discuss all issues and questions regarding Dynomotion's line of boards (KFLOP, Kanalog, Konnect, KSTEP, SnapAmp and KNozz).

There are several advantages to using this forum such as:
  • No ads. Ever!
  • Attach an unlimited number of files, such as txt, pdf, videos and images, code etc.
  • Ability to post code with syntax highlighting.
  • This forum is hosted by Dynomotion and administrators will try to answer your questions promptly.
Please remember that you must register first and create a login to create posts. Your first post will need to be approved by an administrator, but thereafter you can create unlimited posts and new topics.

We hope you enjoy the new Dynomotion forum!

robgmsn

Re: Welcome to the Dynomotion forum!

Post by robgmsn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Good to see a dedicated Dynomotion forum, although it would have been far, far better on something like the Discourse platform. phpBB is incredible outdated.

I would urge you in the strongest possible terms to consider switching to Discourse now, rather than having to do it further down the line. It would take less than 30 mins to setup :)

But, yeah, really great to see a dedicated forum :)

asmec

Post by asmec » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi...
Hoping this forum can improve my interesting about CNC topic.. :)

asmec

sfzeller

Post by sfzeller » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:29 pm

Rob,

thank for your comment! Took me a while to reply as I was researching Discourse. Our hosting company does not support Docker which is a requirement for installing Discourse, unless we move to a cloud-based VPS hosting plan. I am not sure yet if this is worth the trouble or the extra cost if we decided to have Discourse host the forum.

phpBB surely has been around a long time, but it still the most widely used bulletin board system in the world (which doesn't necessarily make it the best, of course) - so I was wondering if you could share some additional ideas about Discourse vs. other systems.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,
Sascha

zamfir

Post by zamfir » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:55 am

Wow! New board. Like it!

I just updated to the latest software and getting ready to drill some holes. on the simulate screen, when it gets to the g73. g code.. it says unknown g code. How can I add this? I was surprised a peck drill was not supported. Or I am doing something dumb. Will keep messing around and report back if I find what I did wrong.

Thanks!
Eric

dynomotion
Site Admin

Post by dynomotion » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi Eric,

G73 isn't supported but G83 is.

Regards
TK

Lafayette

Post by Lafayette » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:30 am

Hello! I'm collecting the machine. I will connect the encoders, so I decided to buy KFLOP. The axles are controlled by step/dir. Spindle with analog control. I bought a PWM conversion board in 0-10V. (a photo). If I still understand in the electrician and can disconnect the wiring, then in programming, a full zero. I ask for help on correct adjustment of spindle control!
The maximum spindle speed is 5647 rpm.

P.S. Sorry for my English.
Attachments
bcr5YdHNMFQ.jpg

Kmac

Post by Kmac » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:25 pm

Last edited by Kmac on Wed May 16, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi Kmac,
Most parts are routed 3D but I also use some 2.5d procedures. I use Mach 3 and am used to it but not a slave to it.
I think you would find that the Trajectory Planning for these types of Jobs is superior in KMotionCNC.
Questions:

I understand that the Leadshine hybrids are supposed to help with better quality. But I don’t understand how sending the encoder signals to the computer helps.
I thought the Leadshine hybrids don't have encoder outputs to send position back to the Controller. Sending position back to the controller allows the Controller to monitor performance rather than only having a fault signal. It allows you to plot performance and check tuning. It also allows recovery without loss of position after a disable or fault. If everything is working well and the Drive has been tuned properly, and the drive never faults or is disabled, then there won't be any actual difference.
And have been urged to upgrade to this type of motor feedback and here is what I don’t understand.
There is a third party that produces a board that connects to Kstep and KFlop. I can identify it once you approve this first message.
I'm not sure what you are asking. KStep is a traditional Step/Dir type of Stepper motor driver. When using KFLOP + KStep to drive your motors you can also add encoders and connect the encoders back to KFLOP.
Can you help me set up my new upgraded hardware and software or advise me if other things might be needed.
You will need to setup your hardware and software yourself. We can provide some help and answer specific questions.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Kmac

Post by Kmac » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:52 am

The owner and designer of this has suggested this. http://diycncelectronics.com/ktopper.html

http://www.leadshineusa.com/producttype ... per-drives

This is the drive.

Any suggestion about how to proceed would be appreciated.