SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

TomKerekes

Re: SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Post by TomKerekes » Sat May 07, 2022 3:15 pm

Sounds like noise causing KFLOP to reset. What Rev board of KFLOP do you have? Rev 1.2 and before was very sensitive to noise on Reset inputs. Rev 1.3 is not.

I don't quite follow your explanation of the wiring. Please be more specific or supply a diagram. But if you are using the 12V from Konnect to drive relay coils or valve coils that is probably a bad idea. That 12V is common GND with KFLOP which defeats the opto isolation. It also runs through the ribbon cables where it can easily couple noise with other signals. I'd recommend using a separate isolated 12V supply and keep the wiring away from KFLOP and KFLOP signals.

Also make sure there are reverse diodes across every coil.

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat May 07, 2022 3:43 pm

Thanks Tom
My kflop board is rev 1.3, i found the problem, i had 5v wire from relay boards connected to 5v from konnect, i disconnected that wire and its working ok but yes i wll follow your recommendation of use a separate 12v supply

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Wed May 11, 2022 8:15 pm

Mr. Tom

what C. program recommend me to drive my servomotors, also need a C. program for spindle speed control.

can i use this for my 3 axis servo system
OutputToPWM3axis.c
(1003 Bytes) Downloaded 27 times
and this for spindle speed control
OutputToPWM.c
(440 Bytes) Downloaded 21 times
thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed May 11, 2022 8:32 pm

I thought you created an Initialization C Program long ago.

What type of Spindle Speed Control do you have and how is it interfaced?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Wed May 11, 2022 9:28 pm

oh ok, yes i have initialization program, so i don't have to use any other program, just configure the outputs

my FVD has a +10v input to control speed from 0 to 400hz, it turns on and off with a relay with M03 and M05 codes, for now i have an external potentiometer connected to it for test and it works ok, but i would like to control speed from software

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed May 11, 2022 10:12 pm

Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Fri May 13, 2022 2:02 pm

Hello Tom

I am trying to test my servo motors before connect them to kanalog just to make sure they are ok, my drives are turned on, first they show Base Block "BB", then i apply signal in S-ON input and the drives turn to Run mode and motor locks wich is normal and ready to rotate, but i am giving 5v+ in the signal inputs to try to rotate it and doesn't move, they are analog +10v Yaskawa CACR-SR15BE12G-C, i am a little confusing with the analog input signals, manual explanation show potenntiometer and resistors, is any other easy way to test them or do i have to build that circuit?
also i am confusing with the velocity mode, position mode, torque mode, which one do i need on my cnc router?, i assume it's position right? so the drives should me already configured that mode since they are the original system.
yaskawa dr.1.PNG
thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri May 13, 2022 2:13 pm

See Testing Analog Amplifiers.

Apply the Voltage to the Speed Reference Input or Aux Speed Reference Input. Not sure why one says +/-6V not +/- 10V.

Normally Velocity mode is the simplest mode for tuning.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Fri May 13, 2022 2:40 pm

I have noted that the motor it's not locked at all, it's rotating very very slow even without input signals and if i try to rotate it by hand i can twist it in both directions a little bit then it return to its position like a coil spring but it still moving very slow in one direction. it's is that normal?

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri May 13, 2022 2:56 pm

See Axis Drift with Servo Disabled

The behavior you describe doesn't seem like velocity mode. Velocity mode may drift and resist motion (drag) but should not spring back.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.