SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

TomKerekes

Re: SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:35 am

Knowing whether there is a tool in the spindle and which tool is important to avoid mixing up tools or crashing.

The last state should be saved onto the PC's disk file defined as:

Code: Select all

#define TOOL_DISK_FILE "c:\\Temp\\ToolChangerData.txt"
The operator should only be asked as a last resort if the file can't be accessed. Do you have such a directory and file? Any error messages on the KMotion Console?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:44 am

TomKerekes wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:35 am
Knowing whether there is a tool in the spindle and which tool is important to avoid mixing up tools or crashing.

The last state should be saved onto the PC's disk file defined as:

Code: Select all

#define TOOL_DISK_FILE "c:\\Temp\\ToolChangerData.txt"
The operator should only be asked as a last resort if the file can't be accessed. Do you have such a directory and file? Any error messages on the KMotion Console?
ok i undestand how it works, yes the console shows "unable to open/read file:c:\Temp\ToolChangerData.txt"
is not saving it? do i have to create a file somewhere?

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:46 am

Its should be created automatically. Does your PC have a C:\temp directory?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:58 am

looks like it doesn't have C:\ temp

how i can create it

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:14 am

I already create the C:\Temp file, it's working very good now, thanks for your help

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:52 pm

Hi Tom

i was checking all external button functions, and found that when the machine is called to perform ATC, the EStop function, axis stop but carousel ignores the function, it start rotating and keep doing the rest, like claw eject air blow etc. it does the same with pause button, axis feed hold but carousel keep doing it's operation, this may result in crash if operator pause or estop the machine. is there any way to stop the ATC program from external buuton program when operator push estop ?

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:38 pm

What does your EStop do? Commanding EStop to KMotionCNC should kill all KFLOP Threads except #1. So if a tool change sequence is running in Thread #4 it should be killed. Killing a Thread will not turn off anything that is currently turned on. But normally EStop kills all power.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:58 pm

the Estop commands DoPc(PC_COM_HALT), yes the tool change sequence is running in Thread #4 all other programs are running in #1, yes Estop can hadle a power contactor that kills power.

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:36 pm

So you are doing Halt not Estop. Halt is more of a pause. A controlled stop to the next resumable state. You will need to decide how things should work, If you don't want halt to allow a tool change in progress to complete you might have your "EStop" set a Virtual Bit that the tool change can monitor during each step that takes any time. If the bit is set the code should gracefully stop, remember what it was doing, and exit. On the next tool change it would need to skip to where it was and continue. Depending on how your hardware works there may be a simple sequence to recover from any condition. For example no matter what put the turret up and rotate to current tool position.

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat May 07, 2022 1:27 am

HI Tom.

I am pluging my boards to the machine, i have all limit, home and safety switches working ok, also have most of the drills and pneumatic cylinders working, but i have an issue, i have noted that sometimes when i turn off bits in the IO screen or the program does it, the kflop reboots and an autodisconnect message pops up, i have to reset init then start again, but i noted that happen after i connected the valves to the relay cards, i am using 3 sets of 16 12v relay card modules and i am using the 12v power from each jp8 terminal from konnect cards, the outputs are sinking to input relay cards, it is possible it is getting noise from coils or any related to voltage?, not all outputs do that, i noted because i ran a drilling program test, and it did it ok but when it finished and went to home after turn off all outputs it rebooted, first kannalogs led turns off, one second later kflop led,s turns off for one second and flashes back on.

thanks