Tool table page

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

cemoa9

Tool table page

Post by cemoa9 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:29 pm

hello Tom,

For my next project, a CNC lathe, I would like to have the tool table with more items, idealy not in a separate window but on a mainscreen :

Tool Slot / Tool ID / Length / Radius / X position / Z Position / X correction / Z correction / Max X correction / Max Z correction / Comments / Image

Is it something feasible?

Cordially

Francois

TomKerekes

Re: Tool table page

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:05 pm

Francois,

That would require changes to the MFC KMotionCNC Source code. Besides changes to make use of the new values.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

cemoa9

Post by cemoa9 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:16 pm

Hello Tom,

Well, seems to be more than just a small work, maybe you could consider this in your next update? (that would prove very nice for lathe users).

Until that potential update, I guess I can manage it through another app, the tool table is read at every cycle start or maybe every time a tool is called?

Or with C code, reading and writting in the tool table, using as input what would be written in a an edit box?

Cordially

Francois

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi Francois,

The Tool Table is read each time the GCode Interpreter begins execution.

And yes the Tool Table could be read/written from a C Program but that might be somewhat slow as KMotionCNC only processes a few commands per second.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

cemoa9

Post by cemoa9 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello Tom,

Thank you, then it should work pretty well, is there a way to use the MPG to increase or decrease the value inside the selected edit box?

Cordially

Francois

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:35 pm

Not that I can think of. I suppose you could read/modify/write it but there isn’t currently a method to determine which control has the focus.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

cemoa9

Post by cemoa9 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:55 pm

Hummm, I was thinking about using 2 unused axis and their DROs, can I rename them to have B and C X and Z?

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 pm

No, the DROs have fixed hard coded labels.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

cemoa9

Post by cemoa9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:24 pm

Hello Tom,

Last idea, is there a way to have DROs on back compared to other button? (to somehow hide/replace the axis digit)

I anyway think it would be very nice to be able to rename the DROs / axis, I plan two new machines with Kflop, one will be a CNC lathe with counter spindle (so X2 Z2) and the other one a machining center with 2 tables and rotary tables (so A1 and A2).

Cordially

Francois

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:04 pm

Hi Francois,

No I don't believe there is. For such specific changes you can always edit the source code.

Also I think it would be confusing to have a DRO labeled A2 where that Axis would be moved by B (or some other GCode Axis).

What some Users do when for example they have 2 Spindles with 2 Z axes is to use a button or MCode to re-configure the Axes. So in one mode Z might move Spindle #1 and in another mode Z might move Spindle #2. The Z DRO would then display the position of the active Spindle.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.