feed hold very slow, MDI at times unresponsive, ect ect

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

turbothis

feed hold very slow, MDI at times unresponsive, ect ect

Post by turbothis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:22 pm

i think these are the last things to iron out on my lathe

1 a. when running a G code if the insert chips i hit feed pause to stop it and then end the cycle. however the feed hold will take like 20 seconds and many lines of code to finally hold. on my mill it is about instant
b. what if i had a C program for FEED HOLD that just disabled the servos? this would throw a flowing error right?

2 many times i have input in the MDI bar and it just sits there and does not execute. not sure what it is stuck on but some times i will hit the RUN button for the simulator and/or re-enable the main C program and then it frees it up and works.
example i am doing now =

i set the spindle 100 rpm CCW on and its turning ( X0 / Z0 position )
then i type in "G32Z-2.0F0.1" to the MDI
the feed rate indactor has the lines in it to show feed per rev and the cycle start shows it running something but nothing moves. even thought he spindle is turning ....
even "G00 X0.3 Z0.0" was not working until i hit STOP and then re-enabled the servos

3 if in the G code, it calls for a g95 command. is it supposed to show the threaded lines on the Feed Rate Icon right? mine does not. g32 does though

TomKerekes

Re: feed hold very slow, MDI at times unresponsive, ect ect

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi turbothis,
1 a. when running a G code if the insert chips i hit feed pause to stop it and then end the cycle. however the feed hold will take like 20 seconds and many lines of code to finally hold. on my mill it is about instant
b. what if i had a C program for FEED HOLD that just disabled the servos? this would throw a flowing error right?
What button do you mean by "feed pause"?

Halt or Feedhold is not available when in G32 Spindle Synchronized mode as the feedrate is slaved to the Spindle motion. But otherwise should be fairly instant. Stop should disable all your axes and stop immediately (but not be resume-able).

2 many times i have input in the MDI bar and it just sits there and does not execute. not sure what it is stuck on but some times i will hit the RUN button for the simulator and/or re-enable the main C program and then it frees it up and works.
example i am doing now =

i set the spindle 100 rpm CCW on and its turning ( X0 / Z0 position )
then i type in "G32Z-2.0F0.1" to the MDI
the feed rate indactor has the lines in it to show feed per rev and the cycle start shows it running something but nothing moves. even thought he spindle is turning ....
even "G00 X0.3 Z0.0" was not working until i hit STOP and then re-enabled the servos
This appears to be a bug on our end. The GCode Interpreter needs to know if the Spindle is to be turning CW or CCW to Thread properly. Normally this isn't a problem as M3 or M4 in the GCode tells the Interpreter the desired direction. However if the GCode is in CW mode and the on-screen button is used to drive the Spindle CCW then the Interpreter will wait forever for the Spindle to go CW. We will fix this in the next release. Or if you want a patch to fix this tell us what Version you are using.

A workaround is to enter "M4G32Z-2.0F0.1" if the Spindle is running CCW or "M3G32Z-2.0F0.1" if running CW as GCode normally would.

3 if in the G code, it calls for a g95 command. is it supposed to show the threaded lines on the Feed Rate Icon right? mine does not. g32 does though
This is a bug also. It will be fixed in the next release. It should be a screen display issue only. We can also supply a patch.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

turbothis

Re: feed hold very slow, MDI at times unresponsive, ect ect

Post by turbothis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:57 pm

feed hold is what i meant. when just cutting a profile in the G code with g95 it takes a very long time to pause. like 20 seconds long
i tryed my G code in G94 mode after converting the feed speed numbers and the feed hold works perfect and fast. repeatably!
no need for the patchs. i can wait on those other things

...."and stop immediately (but not be resume-able)."
what do you mean by not resumeable?

i can hit STOP and then just hit my TURNING user button C code to re-enable the servos. is this bad?