Feed Hold, Axis Disabled, Soft Limit issues

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

DHMenchen

Feed Hold, Axis Disabled, Soft Limit issues

Post by DHMenchen » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:45 pm

I am suddenly getting many Feed Hold issues, a good number of Axis Disabled issues and the occasional Soft Limit problem. The feed hold is not too bad, click and go, but the Axis Disabled and Soft Limit problems require a re Initialization and restart of the program. Only started getting these recently. Nowhere near any soft or hard limit, the feed hold can happen while running G code or even using the arrow keys to simply move the head.

Very confused...

TomKerekes

Re: Feed Hold, Axis Disabled, Soft Limit issues

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:53 pm

Please completely describe your system, how it is configured, your C programs, any console messages, and what versions you are using.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

DHMenchen

Post by DHMenchen » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 pm

I am running 4.35b on a AXYZ CNC router table. I am using the Kflop and Kstep hardware.
The Console messages are Kmotion DLL Soft limit Y - Rapid Traverse Job Halted, had just started a job that had run many times successfully.
G Code Error Axis Disabled - GCode Aborted - in the middle of running a job that had run successfully may times, and ran successfully immediately after.
The Feed Hold would go "barber pole" in mid job, but the job would continue once it was clicked on.

I can forward copies of the Home and Initialization code if that would help.

Moray

Post by Moray » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:59 pm

You should be able to attach your Home and Init code her, or just copy and paste it into [co de ] [/co de] brackets (remove the spaces which I've added so the tags show) if they won't attach.

DHMenchen

Post by DHMenchen » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 pm

In a 5 minute job I got 3 feed hold errors this morning, I can click on the feed hold button and it resumes but it is still worrisome.

I have gotten a couple of Axis disabled G code errors, but then re run the same g code and it runs perfectly.

Many thanks for your help.
Attachments
Init 03072019.c
Initialization file
(22.79 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Home 03072019.c
Home file
(12.09 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

Moray

Post by Moray » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:11 pm

I'm guessing you've updated KMotion at some point, as 4.35b is relatively new?
Also, looking at your code, I'm going to assume you've got no physical feedhold button?

I'm sure Tom will be along with his expert eye, but to me it looks like the only thing in software that could trigger a feedhold is the Soft limit code. However, depending on your limit switch configuration, a switch/wiring/noise problem (I would of thought noise is unlikely if using the KStep inputs), could trigger a feedhold/axis disable.

A suitable start might be disabling the limit switches for each axis, and seeing if the problem stops. Then add them back in an axis at a time to try and narrow the problem.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:23 pm

Hi DHMenchen,

It sounds like you have noise, broken cable, or power supply issue on the KStep Opto Isolated inputs. Those inputs are configured as limits (to Feedhold motion when triggered) also the C Program will disable axes if there is noise on the EStop input. EStop should show a Console Message.

Note also that if you re-initialize without re-homing then your machine coordinates will be shifted. That may then cause Soft Limit errors. Do you always re-home after initialization?

Did you check the power supply for the opto isolated inputs? What is the voltage? Is the wiring isolated from KFLOP GND and Earth GND?

What is the history? Was the system ever working properly? How long? What changed?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.