Updating To Latest Version

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

tmday7

Updating To Latest Version

Post by tmday7 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Tom,
Iam updating my mill to the latest version 4.34 and was wondering if there is a simple way to update KmotionCNC? Or do i need to launch KMCNC from the new install and reconfigure it? This is how i have done it in the past.

Thanks,
Troy

TomKerekes

Re: Updating To Latest Version

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

tmday7

Post by tmday7 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi Tom,
Work great.
Just a note, i have custom screens and buttons so had to copy folders 'res' and 'Screens' from directory ...PC VC Examples\KMotionCNC.
Is there any other files that i should copy over for my custom screens? So far all appears ok.

Thanks,
Troy

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi Troy,

It important to keep track of all files of all types that you have created or modified. If you place the files in a separate directory outside of the KMotion Installation Directory then everything should be specified with a full path which should make upgrading easier.

It probably isn't a good idea to copy those entire directories from the old to the new version. If some file was modified or corrected in the new Version then the file would be reverted to the state of the older version. Probably not likely to be an issue for you in this case. But in general better to only copy files you have created or modified.

Regards
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

tmday7

Post by tmday7 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Noted.
Thanks again,
Troy