Filter screens and analog screen problems.

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Scott Pancheau

Filter screens and analog screen problems.

Post by Scott Pancheau » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:05 pm

I had a computer crash of some sort on my lathe where my VGA port went out. Some of the parameters seem to have been affected. Initially after this I would get a message that if I tried to continue to the dynomotion console screen the 435b woud be lost. I took the computer to the tech shop. They said the VGA port went bad, but all else looked ok. Just switch to HDMI cable. The filter screens for my X and Z axis are now zeroed out so the step response screen will not work. I looked at my back up info and tried to enter the info back into the screens manually and find that does not seem to work. I also now get a message that the analog screen is closed when I try to go there. My encoder counts were off and I got them back to accurate measurements. The KMotion program seems to be OK after re-calibrating the encoder counts. Is there information I can post that would help determing how to get the filter screens and analog access back?
Thanks,
Scott

TomKerekes

Re: Filter screens and analog screen problems.

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:18 am

Hi Scott,

Configuration Settings for KMotionCNC are stored in the file \KMotion\Data\GCodeConfigCNC.txt. So you might restore it from your backup.

Or you might restore all files in \KMotion\Data.

All your Filter settings and such should be in your Initialization C Program. You can Import the settings from the C Program into all the KMotion Screens.

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Scott Pancheau

Re: Filter screens and analog screen problems.

Post by Scott Pancheau » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:45 pm

Thanks Tom, You might remember I am not very good at this part of the use. I will let you know if I am successful.
Thanks,
Scott