Axis parameters in KMotionCNC

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Alexanders

Axis parameters in KMotionCNC

Post by Alexanders » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:56 am

I finished setting up the machine axis in the Step response window and flashed the C file to Kflop. Everything turned out great.

1. I ran into the problem of configuring Axis parameters in KMotionCNC. I don't see the jerk setting, which is very important for the movement of G1, G2, G3.
2. Another problem is that the value of the Accel parameter(in/sec2) filled with the value recalculated from ch0->Accel gives a strong blow.

TomKerekes

Re: Axis parameters in KMotionCNC

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:43 pm

Hi Alexanders,

We don't recommend flashing anything to KFLOP when using a PC. There isn't any need. You can reset KFLOP to its default state using Flash New Version.

We don't have Jerk limits for Feeds. Only for Rapids. You might read this.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Alexanders

Post by Alexanders » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:45 am

There are still ambiguities.
If a separate speed setting is applied for the scheduler in KmotionCNC, then do the other parameters from Kmotion, such as P, I, D, limits and others, apply to the movement of G1, G2, G3 ?

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:02 pm

Hi Alexanders,

Yes the same axis configuration and tuning parameters are used regardless of any motion trajectory.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Alexanders

Post by Alexanders » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:23 am

Another ambiguity in the configuration of the axis.
In my machine, the servo amplifiers are controlled by a quadrature signal of 0.25 microns/ step. The measuring linear scale also outputs a quadrature signal of 0.25 microns / step.
The Kflop settings should be as follows:
Input: Encoder
Output: CL Step, output mode: Quadrature, LVTTL.
Input gain= 1
Output gain= 1

However, the axis only works correctly with a different setting: Input gain= 1 ; Output gain= 4. I compared the input and output signals with a two-channel oscilloscope, with this setup, the signals are the same.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:41 pm

Hi Alexanders,

That is strange. What do you mean by "only works"? Does the Destination and Positions change equally on the Axis Screen?

You might post a Step Response Plot with Input gain = Output gain = 1

I commonly simulate an encoder input by outputting quadrature to the same pins as an encoder input and the encoder always changes by the same number of steps. ie JP7 Pins 1 and 2. Step Dir Gen 4 and encoder input #4.

QuadratureInOut.png
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Alexanders

Post by Alexanders » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 pm

I checked the input and output signals with an oscilloscope again and found out that in fact the Simodrive 611 servo amplifiers perceive each edge of the quadrature signal as a whole pulse. That's why multiplication by 4 is required.
Thank you!