What are my next steps after being able to move axis via the console?

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

men8ifr

What are my next steps after being able to move axis via the console?

Post by men8ifr » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:55 pm

OK now I can move each axis of my milling machine via the console. (move or jog)

My goal is to be able to create CAM Paths in Fusion 360 and run on the machine via kflop.

What is my next step?

For now I am not interested tuning the axis performance - they seem to move well and I have 3rd party closed loop stepper drivers so tuning would be done within them anyway. (not within KFlop)

I have not started looking at KmotionCNC yet where is best to start?

I cannot find where to set steps per mm (I assume it is steps per mm? I'm in the UK so mm should be default unit in Fusion I would guess)

Any user documented stories or quick start guides are also welcome.
My Set-up
PM30 Milling Machine - 3 axis
Kflop
Leadshine copy closed loop 'hybrid' stepper drivers similar to HBS86
Nema 34 6A 8.5Nm motors with encoder (encoder connects to stepper driver)
Fusion 360 Software

TomKerekes

Re: What are my next steps after being able to move axis via the console?

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:43 pm

OK now I can move each axis of my milling machine via the console. (move or jog)

My goal is to be able to create CAM Paths in Fusion 360 and run on the machine via kflop.

What is my next step?
Create a C Program to initialize KFLOP, enable the axes, and define the axes in your coordinate system. See wiki here.
I have not started looking at KmotionCNC yet where is best to start?
See here.
I cannot find where to set steps per mm (I assume it is steps per mm? I'm in the UK so mm should be default unit in Fusion I would guess)
KMotion CNC Tool Setup | Trajectory Planer | Axis Parameters. Internal units are all entered in Inches. To convert from mm to Inches divide by 25.4. Operator screens support mm and Inches.

You might see our KStep Tutorial and Video. Although you have different Drivers the overall software process is the same.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.