Misc Questions

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

jackgiz

Misc Questions

Post by jackgiz » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:27 am

Hi Tom,
My machine is mostly up and running with my new spindle. However, there are a couple of strange things happening.

When I start a Gcode program the DRO that shows the coordinated motion speed on the KmotionCNC screen shows the spindle counts increasing. Once the machine starts to move the DRO shows the correct motion speed. If I pause the Gcode the spindle counts reappear and continue counting upward. If I then stop the spindle the DRO counts back down to zero. If I wait until it hits zero I can jog the X, Y or Z axes repeatedly with no problem. I can restart the Gcode with no problem. If I try to jog the machine before the DRO gets to zero I get one jog in any direction and the DRO will count down to 2400 and stop. After the one jog none of the jog buttons work. Also I can't continue the Gcode. There is no error message on the Console screen. It only shows the spindle starting and stopping. The X, Y and Z DRO's stay green. I can hit the Init button and reset everything and then go through the zeroing process but that's a real pain.

How do I stop showing the spindle counts on the coordinated motion DRO?
Why does the spindle count have to get to zero before I can hit the jog buttons multiple times?
Also, if I were to run a really long program and this spindle counter keeps counting upward will it eventually reach the maximum number the Kflop can count up to and what happens when it reaches that number? Reset to zero? Crash KmotionCNC? Won't reach that number in my life time?

On a separate issue, I use the Basic 4 Axes screen. I would like to make a couple of minor changes to this screen but can't find the file. Can this screen be modified using Screen Editor? If so, where is the file?

When you respond to a user on the Forum you copy that key question or comment and paste it into your response. How do you do that? Standard copy/paste doesn't seem work as well. Asking for a friend.

Jack

TomKerekes

Re: Misc Questions

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:58 am

Hi Jack,
the DRO that shows the coordinated motion speed on the KmotionCNC screen
I don't know what you mean by this.

But it sounds like you might have the Spindle axis included in the Coordinated Motion System as the A Axis. It should not be. If you only have 3 XYZ axes the A axis should be defined as -1 not as your Spindle Axis. ie

Code: Select all

DefineCoordSystem(0,1,2,-1);  // Define XYZA Axes
The fixed screens are not included as Screen Script Screens. You will need to start with one of the examples or the full Custom Screen and Hide and Re-arrange controls to make it.
When you respond to a user on the Forum you copy that key question or comment and paste it into your response. How do you do that? Standard copy/paste doesn't seem work as well.
Copy what you would like to quote. Click in your response where you would like to place the Quote. Click on the Quote Tool Bar Button " to place quote tags. Paste.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

jackgiz

Re: Misc Questions

Post by jackgiz » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:25 pm

sounds like you might have the Spindle axis included
That was it. All strange motion stopped. I have X (ch0), Y (with slave ch1 and 2), Z (ch3), A (rotary axis ch4), and spindle (Step ch5, CW/CCW ch6).

DefineCoordSystem6(0,1,3,4,-1,-1);

Last issue is getting speed setting to spindle. I think Kflop/Kmotion are good. I can see pulse stream going into C6, I can vary frequency of pulse stream from KmotionCNC slider but nothing comes out of the C6. Waiting for new board.