Erratic Z motion Jogging though Mach 3

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

TomKerekes

Re: Erratic Z motion Jogging though Mach 3

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:54 pm

Hi Brian,

Not sure why you are getting that. The Drivers normally work with Windows 10. I haven't heard of any issues with Windows 10 Pro. That would indicate there is something wrong with the Windows' Chain of Trust. That can sometime occur if all the Updates haven't been applied, but I know you said you did that. You might check the History to see if something was skipped.

It might be worth removing the KFLOP Drive (make sure to include software option). Re-boot. Then update Driver to the KMotion435h\USB Driver folder.

You might try on another W10 PC if you have one.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

bhauser

Post by bhauser » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:03 am

Thanks Tom,

Windows is being very stubborn about not accepting the driver outside of test mode. I may try a complete re-install, but there are a few more things I want to try first. Also, I'm not certain what you mean by "(make sure to include software option)". I've been removing the driver from the device manager. Is there a better way?

Also, can you take a quick peek (in this thread right before my screen shots) at my proposed IO mapping for the MPG I'll be wiring in. I just want to make certain using the Kanalog opto inputs is OK for the MPG.

Thanks,

Brian

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:51 pm

Hi Brian,

In Device Manager when removing a device the next screen has a check box that is an option to also remove software. Make sure that is checked.

Regarding MPG: the encoder AB signals are best to connected directly to KFLOP to a hardware Encoder input. If connected to other inputs the counts are made with software at a much lower maximum rate. The Opto inputs are spec’ed at a minimum of 5V. 5V TTL outputs are only spec’ed to guarantee a high of 2.4V. However used in an open collector manner to sink to GND will probably work.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

bhauser

Post by bhauser » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:27 am

Thanks Tom,

I'm really glad I asked, looks like my mapping now becomes:

chA+ JP7 Pin 13
chB+ JP7 Pin 14
X j15 IN2 note, XYZ can all be low in the off position
Y j15 IN3
Z j15 IN4
X10 j15 IN5 .001"
X100 j15 IN6 .01"

I was hoping to this was going to be an easy addition, but it looks like I'm going to have pull the boards out of the system and do some re-wiring... Using the Mach 3 virtual MGP was painful anyway, so this will be worth the effort.

I'm still working on the test mode issue, I'll try uninstalling it with the software option checked soon. Is the Kflop driver a kernel level driver? I doubt the answer is yes, but I know that microsoft made a recent change to the way they handle signing on those. Honestly, I'm tempted to wait until the next windows update to see if the problem goes away.

Thanks,

Brian

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:26 pm

Yes the USB Driver is a kernel level driver.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

bhauser

Post by bhauser » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:30 am

Hi Tom,

Does this article apply to the kflop driver? I need to check to see if I have secure boot turned on...
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... and-later-

Thanks,
Brian

bhauser

Post by bhauser » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:10 am

Hi Tom,

I just noticed that JP2 on the kanalog has a bunch of encoder inputs, but they are differential line receivers... I have a couple of these https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn75176a.pdf laying around... I think the inputs you have on the Kanalog are standard rs422 line receiver, My plan is to hard wire these as drivers and run my MPG encoder TTL signals though these to connect directly to JP2 on the Kanalog. I just want o double check with you that this is reasonable thing to do. For the other outputs from the MPG, I'll run though by own opto isolators and supply a true 5v directly to the Opto inputs on J15.

Is this a reasonable plan to move forward with to connect though the kanalog board?

Thanks,
Brian

dynomotion
Site Admin

Post by dynomotion » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:34 pm

Yes it is

bhauser

Post by bhauser » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:51 am

Hi Tom,

I have everything wired up for the MPG (link below), however I can't see the encoder counts for my selected input axis (6) change when I turn the wheel. After reading the documentation for the line receiver chip on the kanalog I decided it was safe to connect directly to it. so the MPG dial goes directly to JP2 ch6 A+, A-, B+, and B-. I also wired the selection switches directly to the Opto in's on J15. The switches work great, the jog dial... not so much.

Are there any configuration settings that I'm missing for axis 6 to be able to pick up the encoder inputs? I've attached my main program as a file for your review. I'm waiting until I see the encoder working before I put the MPG function into my service loop.

As a side note I'm assuming that since my pendant doesn't have an enable button that I can just OR the Select X,Y, and Z together to get a bit that says the pendant is active.

Thanks,
Brian

Pendant:
https://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayI ... 7691758016
Attachments
TreeInitialConfig.c
(15.2 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:22 pm

Hi Brian,

Do bits 40 and 41 on the Digital IO Screen Toggle when the MPG is rotated?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.