Step Response

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

tonypascone13

Step Response

Post by tonypascone13 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:03 pm

Hello All,
New here..
Setting up my KFLOP to work with steppers. I believe I have everything connected properly. When I look to drive the stepper from 'step response' screen the velcity vs. time curve is different than that in the turorials. See image below. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here..

This seems like a good place to vet out that things are connected properly. Havent tried to drive the motor from 'Console' figuring this was a good place to test?

Best, Tony
Attachments
Capture.JPG

TomKerekes

Re: Step Response

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:40 pm

I think you are pushing the 'Step' button instead of the 'Move' button.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

tonypascone13

Post by tonypascone13 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:10 pm

Correct... Thank You.. I suppose the word 'step' brought me in since it was a stepper... Assumptions :)

I've now got all three axes running beautifully. Nothing better than seeing the motors move for the first time.. It's the simple things.

One other issue popping up hoping you can help me with. Since the last post I've brought a KANALOG into the mix from an older project. I've got 23.6V acrross OptoInput 0 (and others) on JP15 and the magic check mark is not appearing on the KANALOG Digital I/O page. Similarly I check the box for opto output on JP13 amd there is 0V across the two terminals.

I'm a couple hours into this simple problem and not sure where I'm going wrong.

I do not have the RJ45 plugged in between KFLOP and KANALOG as I'm using the RJ45 to drive the steppers. It sounds like that should be ok as only the differentials on JP1 (JP2?) are affected.

For fun I plugged the RJ45 in betweek KFLOP and KANALOG and there is still no difference.

Hmmmm??

Any help apprecated...

tonypascone13

Post by tonypascone13 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:33 pm

OK..
Opto Inputs are working now..
I did not change a thing..
Weird.
Diode D7 lit up for the first time. Not sure what that is for?
We'll chalk it up to black magic for now.. And keep rolling..
Thanks,
Tony
Attachments
D7.jpg

tonypascone13

Post by tonypascone13 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:33 pm

OK..
Opto Inputs are working now..
I did not change a thing..
Weird.
Diode D7 lit up for the first time. Not sure what that is for?
We'll chalk it up to black magic for now.. And keep rolling..
Thanks,
Tony

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:40 pm

The LED on Kanalog indicates that KFLOP is successfully communicating with KFLOP and toggling a charge pump to enable the board. It needs to be on for the IO to function.

The opto outputs operate basically like a switch. So you shouldn't measure any voltage across them until you create a circuit with a supply voltage.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.