Flashing user memory not working?

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

amowry

Flashing user memory not working?

Post by amowry » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:07 pm

I'm trying to add soft limits to my machine, which is configured with the user settings flashed to the KFLOP. I don't seem to be successful, but I'm not sure if I'm missing a step. I've successfully changed and flashed settings in the past.

After changing my soft limits, I downloaded them to KFLOP and tested them, and then I clicked Flash>user memory, and was told that the memory was successfully flashed. However, after rebooting KFLOP and then uploading the channel, the soft limits revert to their original default settings. Am I missing a step in the process?

Thanks!

amowry

Re: Flashing user memory not working?

Post by amowry » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:40 pm

I found that the initialization C program that K2CNC used for my machine has some references to soft limits (though the values don't seem to make any sense for my machine). Would this (attached) program override the soft limits that I flashed to the board?
Attachments
K2_Init Servo.c
(10.93 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:07 pm

Any Program that changes the configuration will change the configuration if/when executed.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

amowry

Post by amowry » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:15 pm

Okay, thanks Tom. I guess I can just fix the soft limits that are in the Init program instead of trying to flash them.