Changed C program?

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Scott Pancheau

Changed C program?

Post by Scott Pancheau » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:41 pm

Hi Tom,
Went out this morning to review operation of lathe after yesterdays tuning / programing. Spindle was working great yesterday after your work. Today the spindle does not respond to kmotion speed commands. Z axis is working great in kmotion. Went to Console and I can run spindle with dac commands. Tried Z axis there and it dosn't respond to dac commands on console even though it works correct in kmotion. Is there some screen shots I can post, or do I need to try some methodology?
Thanks,
Scott

TomKerekes

Re: Changed C program?

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:44 pm

Hi Scott,

Let's start with the Spindle issue. If you run the INIT Program then Jog the Spindle does it run? Console Screen Jog4=100000?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Scott Pancheau

Post by Scott Pancheau » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm

Ok Tom I tried the jog input you suggested and get no response. I can use dac commands, but not jog. There is another interesting issue that is present and it afflicts my other lathe as well. As soon as the kmotion screen is initialized the spindle tries to take off to full tilt. The big late just trips out because there is not enough power for it to accelerate up fast. The way my small lathe acts is that it accelerates to a very high rpm in one direction, then slows to a stop and accelerates in the other. This continues on for a few cycles back and forth getting less wild with each wind up. It finally settles down to 0 speed and is then fine for as long as I run the lathe for that session. I have included shots of the C program for your reference.
Thanks,
Scott
Attachments
spindle c program  big lathe   1  6  22.PNG
spindle c program big lathe continued 1 6 22.PNG

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:33 pm

Hi Scott,

I assume commanding DAC 4 drives the Spindle?

After running the Init C Program and before Jog4=100000 does the Axis screen show axis #4 enabled? Does the Jog change the Destination? Does the Analog Screen show a non zero DAC 4 output?

Any messages on the Console Screen?

Command a Move of size 10000 on the Step Response and post the Plot.

Please post the C Program code rather than screen shots.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Scott Pancheau

Post by Scott Pancheau » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Thanks Tom,
There is no response of movement for the spindle with jog command. The console shows no error message ( see picture). Dac commands still work,
but not jog. I do not know what you mean by show C program code. Is this under the sub program - spindle jog or?
Thanks,
Scott
Attachments
SPINDLE WITH JOG COMMANDED  1  22.PNG

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:10 pm

Hi Scott,

It seems KFLOP is not initialized.

NoOutput.png

In fact none of the Axes are configured. Seems the CNCLathe TK.c program was never executed. You need to Initialize the system before anything will work. But it isn't clear how Axis #4 was enabled.
I do not know what you mean by show C program code.
I meant to attach the Init Program CNCLathe TK.c rather than taking screen shots of pieces of it as a photo. You can also include it it the Post as with Code Tags using the </> Button.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Scott Pancheau

Post by Scott Pancheau » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:46 pm

Thanks Tom,
Changing the subject this time. I recieved the snap amp and have it installed. Have a couple of questions.
1. Do I have to move the encoder inputs from the kanalog to the snap amp?
2 If so do you offer the 25 pin cable needed to do so and a breakout board to connect to?
3 Will the current assignments set up for the X axis be able to stay the same as they are set up now?
4 Since I need to connect with you again for final commisioning, can you do the set up?
5 The info on your site indicates the data cable should be as short as possibe. Do you offer a little longer cable than the one supplied with the snap amp? Neither of the cables that come with are long enough to reach the kflop after mounting all up. This is partly due to the supplied standoffs are not long enough to allow the fan on the back to clear the data jack on kanalog, so had to add a set of the short alum spacers after making all thread out of 4-40 screws.

Thanks again,
Scott

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:03 pm

Hi Scott,
1. Do I have to move the encoder inputs from the kanalog to the snap amp?
No
3 Will the current assignments set up for the X axis be able to stay the same as they are set up now?
No. I believe you have DC Motors with Brushes so the output Type will be "DC Servo"
4 Since I need to connect with you again for final commisioning, can you do the set up?
if you wish
5 The info on your site indicates the data cable should be as short as possibe. Do you offer a little longer cable than the one supplied with the snap amp? Neither of the cables that come with are long enough to reach the kflop after mounting all up. This is partly due to the supplied standoffs are not long enough to allow the fan on the back to clear the data jack on kanalog, so had to add a set of the short alum spacers after making all thread out of 4-40 screws.
Sorry I forgot to tell shipping that you have a Kanalog with the SnapAmp. We can send you a longer cable or you can make one yourself.

This is how we recommend mounting:

SA_KF_KAN3.JPG
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Scott Pancheau

Post by Scott Pancheau » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:43 pm

Hi Tom,
I did try the download, initialize, and run function for the TK C program. It showed no errors, but the results trying to operate the spindle did not change. Jog commands would not work and if I try to initialize kmotion the spindle trys to go full speed as soon as I do. I got a cable for the data to kflop. I have a 60 volt dc supply for the snap amp, and a 80 volt supply on order to replace the 60 volt later. Unless you tell me otherwise I am ready to set a date for you to take over th PC again.
Thank you Tom
Scott

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Hi Scott,
I did try the download, initialize, and run function for the TK C program. It showed no errors, but the results trying to operate the spindle did not change. Jog commands would not work and if I try to initialize kmotion the spindle trys to go full speed as soon as I do. I got a cable for the data to kflop.
I'm a bit confused. It seems you said after running the Initialization Program nothing happens and the Jog commands do nothing. But now you are saying when running the Initialization Program the Spindle takes off full speed?

A common cause for an axis to runaway is to have something reversed. I seem to recall we had to reverse the sign of the Output gain on one of your axes to get it to work and thinking that was very strange as there was evidence it was previously working. Is there a CW/CCW switch/input on the Spindle Control? So anyway you might try reversing the output gain to see if that stops the runaway. You might record the Axis Screen before and after the Initialization to note if the axes are being properly configured (unlike in your previous post) and what is going on with the Destination and Position.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.