SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Moray

Re: SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Post by Moray » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:40 pm

Page 20 lists the main information.

The speed limits for the low speed inputs are 500KHz when using a differential driver, and only 200KHz when using a single ended driver.
And the high speed inputs must be driven by a differential driver.

Are you connecting this directly to the KFlop?
If so, you're going to be limited to 200KHz, unless you add a differential driver.

I have designed a differential driver board that uses the RJ connector on the KFlop, to provide differential signals, but I've not got any assembled just now.
I could supply the design files, but it uses SMD components, so unless you have somebody capable of soldering those, it won't be much use.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:00 am

yes there is an electronic shop that can soldering that, if you can supply the design would be perfect.

Moray

Post by Moray » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:13 am

I've attached the files. I designed it to have jumpers so that you could select whether to use the Kanalog encoder inputs, or output the KFlop single ended outputs to the differential drivers.

KFlop.zip are the DipTrace design files, although I'm not sure they'll load as they use various custom components that I had to create.
KFDiff.zip has the required files to get a board made at Seeedstudio

BOM is as follows -
# Name Manufacturer Quantity
1 CAP_0805 2
2 T491C106K025AT KEMET 1
3 PCB_Header_3pin 8
4 1933202 PheonixContact 4 (same style connectors as used on the Kanalog)
5 1933189 PheonixContact 1
6 85508-5001 Molex 2
7 RES_0805 8
8 AM26C31 TI 2

However if you have somebody good with electronics, it might be easier to get them to make up some basic differential drivers using through hole components.
Attachments
KFlop.zip
(47.34 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
KFDiff.zip
(36.08 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:36 am

Thank you for the information, i will try to open the files, if it's hard to built it, can i find a basic differential driver schematic in google and built it? i can do it myself just find the right schematic.

thank you for your help

Moray

Post by Moray » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:47 am

Differential drivers chips are fairly simple to implement, and the datasheet for them should contain all the information that you need.

Essentially you just need power (usually 5V), a capacitor on the power supply as near the driver chip as practical, then checking my schematic, I had to add pull down resistors on the inputs from the KFlop side. The (differential) output side doesn't usually need any additional components.
I'd have to try and find my notes, as I've not added the resistor values to the DipTrace schematics.

It's the kind of thing that could be created on some stripboard quite easily, but a custom PCB does look more professional.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:42 pm

Hi Moray
Thank you for your information, yes actually i found the datasheet of the 26LS31 quadruple differential line driver, i guess that is very popular,
i tried to open the files you sent me but i guess i need the right software, i couldn't opene it.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:27 am

There are also 3rd party single ended to differential driver modules such as this:

https://cnc4pc.com/differential-line-driver.html

or

https://www.usdigital.com/products/acce ... rivers/ea/
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:55 pm

Hi Tom

can i add voice messages using C programs, for example, using synthetized voice messages instead box messages or use both like "low air pressure", "axis travel limit negative"
etc.

regards

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:49 am

Hi Noel,

I suppose you could create a Button (possibly hidden) that would execute a PC Program to play a sound file. The C Program could then "push" the User button. See the attached batch file and wave file.
Attachments
Recording.wav.txt
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
LimitSwitch.bat.txt
(82 Bytes) Downloaded 18 times
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:41 pm

Hi Tom.

I am working with a cnc router retrofit, this machine is equipped with an ATC spindle and a multispindle boring head like most cabinet making machine centers, but this machine has two servo motors on Z axis, one for the atc spindle and one for the boring head, so they work independently. i am trying to find out the way how to control those two servos independently with KmotionCNC. maybe using the A axis and slave it to Z and just control the drive enable and disable with a c program for move one or the other depend of the job? what would you recommend me for this situation.

thank you in advance.