SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

NOELNOG

Re: SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Post by NOELNOG » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:10 am

Hi Tom.

i am trying to add two extra buttons in the screen, one for reset home, and one for park, i would like to have the reset home button to send the axis slowlly to search their home switches, then come back lets say 1 inch from the switch then reset the dro. to 0, that operation it's useful when power up the machine in the morning or any time to make sure axis are in home position. the park button will be used to send the machine back to home, but without perform the reset homing, hope you understand what i mean, what c programs i can use for such operations?

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:55 am

Hi NOELNOG,

See the link on Homing I previously posted.

For "Park" command the Axes to move to zero.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:49 pm

hello Tom.
I am trying to set up the soft limits, i can't understand the number 1e+09 and -1e09, i know they are for plus and minus direction limits but, what is that fraction meaning, i try to set, for example: on X axis 120 inches positive, -1 inch negative, but i can't figure it out how to set these numbers to make the DRos stop when they get there when joging, when i change the 1e+xx fraction the DRO change also but there is not a constant value.

example: 1e+01
-1e+01 DRO stop at 0.4273 in positive and -0.4293 in negative when joging

change to: 1e+02
-1e+02 DRO stop at 0.5779 pos. and -0.5781 in neg.

there is .1506 difference when changed last digit

now change to: 1e+03
-1e+03 DrO stop at 2.0772 pos -2.0772 neg.

now the difference is 1.4993

i am trying to find that out in the manuals but i am confusing,

thanks.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:23 pm

Hi NOELNOG,

The 'e' format is scientific notation. It means move the decimal that many places to the right. So 1e9 = 1 billion. Which essentially turns off soft limits.

The soft limits are in encoder counts not inches.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:36 pm

thanks Tom.

it is working now, i ereased the "e" format and entered the values that it needs to reach the desired distance on the DROs.

i changed X axis value to: 71780; the DRo stop at 120.0436 in plus dir.
-354; stop at -1.0028 in neg. dir.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:36 am

Mr. Tom

I have been trying to set up a c program to do my park function, i been reading a lot, but i think i am missing something. i will explain you the way i want to handle my homing and park.
until now i have the kflop, kanalog disconnected from the machine just working with the computer and few switches.
the g code run just fine, but when i stop the program in the middle, and i attempt to execute a c program using the park button that i added to the screen, i can't make it possible the way i think it should do, when i press the park button the DRos jump instantaneously from their value where it stoped to zero, also the tool tip in the screen jumps to the zero postion, don't supposed that they should go back home on G00, i mean the same rapid motion when they started but now in reverse to home?, it's that happen because it is not any encoder connected to the kanalog yet? because in the configuration wndow in axis mode i have "not input" selected, when i select, "encoder", the DROs just start to run out of control, also if i select "user input" the DROs turn light blue and doesn't move any more, in both cases the g code runs fine.
so my question, is do i have to have the encoders connected to achive such function? or missing something in the c program?

thanks.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:56 pm

Hi NOELNOG,

Post the program you are using. It should be calling Move();
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:48 am

SimpleParkTEST.c
(250 Bytes) Downloaded 27 times
this program is working now with my Park button, it makes Z axis retract first then moves X and Y to zero, now i need to control the speed they get back to zero, they still too fast.

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:28 am

Move() by default moves at the configured velocity for the Axis which is also used for Rapid Speed (G0).

You might reduce the configured velocity for the Axis which will also reduce the Rapid Speed.

Otherwise there is a MoveAtVel(axis, destination, speed) that has a 3rd parameter which is the speed to move at in steps/second.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:17 pm

Thank you Tom.

it's working now, i have an other question, how can i do to perform enable axis command without reset'em to zero, example: when i running a g program and if i have to stop the machine using the Estop switch, the Kmotion stops and the DROs turn yellow, so the position values are somewhere, but when i press the init button to reset and enable the axis back, the DROs turn green but they reset to zero, so i would like to keep the same value just enable axis to green, that way i can use my park button to send the machine back to home without having to jog each axis close to home and do reset home.

thanks