SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

NOELNOG

Re: SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Post by NOELNOG » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:31 pm

Thanks Tom.

I have a question about tool lenght and offset on z axis, i have my zero position 3 inches below the positive home switch, now i need set up the axis to know the lenght of each tool it is using, how can i do that, in the tool table on the lenght values?

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:50 pm

yes
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Hi Tom

I have a cnc router machine equipped with indramat Rexroth drives, HMDO 1.1N-W0012, they comunicate by optic fiber sercos system to computer, do you think this type of drives can be upgraded with Kflop and Kanalog if needed?

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:05 pm

No we don't currently support Sercos
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:32 am

TomKerekes wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:05 pm
No we don't currently support Sercos
but i can take sercos off and interface the drives with kflop and kanalog, looks like they can comunicate with +10v analog input, i may be wrong but the manual mantion three modes of operation in chapter 7-5.

https://www.convertingsystems.com/uploa ... hcs031.pdf

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:01 am

Yes if it can accept +/-10V analog then it should work. You would also need differential encoder feedback.

Section 5-9 describes the +/-10V analog inputs ingeneral.

But nothing specific regarding pin assignments. There must be another manual for that.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:07 pm

TomKerekes wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:01 am
Yes if it can accept +/-10V analog then it should work. You would also need differential encoder feedback.

Section 5-9 describes the +/-10V analog inputs ingeneral.

But nothing specific regarding pin assignments. There must be another manual for that.
Hi Tom

yes the drives manual shows +/-10v input, i am trying to find out where to hookup the kanalog encoder inputs, the drives manual doesn't show outputs for this propurse, customer is waiting to have an answer if i can retrofit his machine but still not sure, i will keep digging to see if i find more information about it.
regarding to differential encoder, are they the same as incremental encoders?

thanks

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:25 pm

Hello Tom

Do you think i can use kflop and kanalog to run the rexroth indramat drives in open loop mode since looks like these drives doesn't have encoder signal outputs, in this case the closed loop would be only between the servomotor and the drive, i have seen an other machine that has been retroffited with an acorn cnc from centroid and the closed loop is only that way between drive and motor, since acorn board doesn't support encoder input signals, the machine works fine it never lose position

Thabks for your help

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:23 pm

If the Drive controls the Position Loop then the Controller must somehow sent the Position to the Drive digitally. Either with Step/Direction, Quadrature, or some other communication scheme like sercos. Unlike digital, analog is inexact and any small errors will eventually accumulate and become big.

I would think a Drive with so many features would have an additional encoder input and allow that encoder position to be used as the commanded Position. But I can't find such a thing in the manual. You might call the manufacturer.

Can you find out what interface is between the acorn and the Drive?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:56 pm

The acorn and cnc12 software send step and direction to the yaskawa digital drives, so thats all no feed back from the drives to acorn, but yes they are digital.

Yes i will contact the drives manufacturer and find that out

Thanks Tom