SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

NOELNOG

Re: SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Post by NOELNOG » Wed May 18, 2022 2:07 pm

Hi Tom
TomKerekes wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:46 pm
Sorry I don’t understand. How can be not very stiff yet can hardly rotate. How can it be locked yet doesn’t move back?

Post all your settings and perform a Move on the Step Response Screen and post it.
i didn't explained well, what i mean is the motor runs ok back and forward, but when it is in position it is not locked at all, it feels weak and can be moved by hand, not feels that free like when is unergized, in other words is locking but not so hard like it should i assume, so maybe that is due to drive configuraton?

reading the Servo tunning config, i understand how to do the procedure, now my question is, once i have the step response screen already configured, what i should do with it? save data? if so where i should save it, do i need to load these parameters to the init c program? i am sorry sometimes i get confused and my head over heat, thanks for your help.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed May 18, 2022 4:49 pm

Like I said in my previous email post all your settings (Config Screen, Step Response Screen, IIR Filters Screen) and the Plot from the Step Response Screen here on the forum for us to be able to help you.

After everything is configured and tuned the Screen Parameters can be exported to a C Program.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sun May 22, 2022 3:01 am

servo tuning step response.txt
(45.14 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
INITreset,OK.c
(13.63 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Hello Tom.

My machine is executing the move in X axis ok, attached is the step response screen, it runs back and forth about 96 inches with good acceleration and jerk, it needs some adjustments to eliminate a little vibration when idle in position, also i was trying to jog the axis from KmotionCNC, but i am missing something, the axis it"s very sensitive, it runs away when i press the jog buttons and keeps going further even if i release the buttons, like if it were floating in ice rink then it stop slowly and returns back few distance.
this is the motor configuration of X axis
MOTOR 0=X.txt
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun May 22, 2022 5:01 pm

The Plot data only shows 0.1 seconds. Increase so we can see the motion.

Your MOTOR 0=X.txt settings don't match the C Program. Which are you using?

If you Jog too fast for what your axis is tuned to do then the axis will fall behind, catch up, overshoot, move back, etc.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Mon May 23, 2022 10:58 pm

Hi Tom
I have my X axis running good, speeds and jerks all seems to work very smooth ,most of the ptoblems were in the drive configuration, now i just have to fix an error with the counts per inch, when i command the axis to move 10 inches it goes 10 inches but it is accumulating some error at every move so the next 10 inches move its off about 1/4 of an inch from the original position, i been trying to adjust PID but still the same.

Thanks

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Mon May 23, 2022 11:00 pm

I will send you the step conf screen tonight i have no internet at the machine location

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Tue May 24, 2022 3:07 am

servotuningtest1ok.zip
(370.52 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
this is the step resonse screen, hope it can help,

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue May 24, 2022 4:38 pm

Can you see the motor is driving the wrong way? Command goes positive axis goes negative. See here.

Backwards.png
Backwards.png (11.12 KiB) Viewed 742 times
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Tue May 24, 2022 5:35 pm

oh i understand now why when i press the move button in the step response screen the axis drive opposite direction to jog buttons.
so that's why the error is going bigger and bigger instead smaller.
i inverted the wires because the direction was opposite to the tool graphic in the screen, and the jog buttons, so i just have to adjust something in the KmotionCNC to match the grapghic tool direction as well the jog buttons,

thanks Tom

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Thu May 26, 2022 3:41 am

Hi Tom
I have my X axis fine tuned, it runs exellent, velocity, position, smooth etc. then i began to configure the Y axis, but looks like it doesn´t detect the encoder, the readout start to run when i set encoder input in the init c. program, i did a test switching the encoders and moving by hand the axis just to see if maybe my Y axis encoder is bad but still dont read anything, my question is, encoders cen be work indpendently? or channel 0 must have encoder first to work synchronized with the others? i don´t understand why axis Y can´t read the X encoder and the X axis can´t read the Y encoder when i know x encoder is working fine.

this is my init c. progm
INITreset,FINAL.c
(13.69 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

thankyou