SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

NOELNOG

Re: SETTING UP KFLOP, KANALOG FOR NEW CNC ROUTER RETROFIT

Post by NOELNOG » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:42 pm

TomKerekes wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:23 pm
The Kanalog Enable LED should come on and remain on. There is a surge of current from the 5V power supply when Kanalog is enabled as the 5V to +/-15V generator is enabled. There should be an external power supply with at least 2A of current capability.
i have a regular PC 500w external power supply, but how do i enable the 15v generator, i only have connected the power supply to Kflop in the JR1, do i need connect an other 5v supply to kanalog? sorry i have not clear this.

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:59 pm

Kanalog gets 5V from KFLOP through the 26 pin ribbon cable. You don't need any additional supplies.

The Kanalog Enable is enabled automatically by KFLOP after it boots up and detects Kanalog.

Sometimes big PC Power supplies don't like to operate at such low power (ie like 5W that KFLOP+Kanalog typically draw). You might try a small 5V 10-25W supply.

Does KFLOP remain alive after the Kanalog Enable goes out?

If you have any programs that try to use KFLOP JP7 it that will kill the communication to Kanalog and Kanalog will disable. Have you Flashed anything to KFLOP? We do not recommend doing this. Remove any Flashed programs by Re-Flashing New Version.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:29 pm

TomKerekes wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:59 pm
Kanalog gets 5V from KFLOP through the 26 pin ribbon cable. You don't need any additional supplies.

The Kanalog Enable is enabled automatically by KFLOP after it boots up and detects Kanalog.

Sometimes big PC Power supplies don't like to operate at such low power (ie like 5W that KFLOP+Kanalog typically draw). You might try a small 5V 10-25W supply.

Does KFLOP remain alive after the Kanalog Enable goes out?

If you have any programs that try to use KFLOP JP7 it that will kill the communication to Kanalog and Kanalog will disable. Have you Flashed anything to KFLOP? We do not recommend doing this. Remove any Flashed programs by Re-Flashing New Version.
i flashed new version and yes the LED turned on, but when i click the init button it goes out again, so that means somenthing in the init C.program is worng. there is the C. program i an using
INITresetTEST.c
(7.66 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:44 am

Yes that is configuring Step/Dir outputs on KFLOP JP7. You can not use Step/Dir outputs on JP7 when JP7 is being used for Kanalog.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:53 am

Thank you Tom

it's working now :)

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:33 pm

Tom

are there more examples about the M code parameters, i can't understand exactly how to use the words P,Q,R, and assign multiple functions on one single M code, if i is there any sample c.program would be helpful for me. thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:14 pm

The link I provided contains an Example C Program that prints the Parameter values. It’s up to you to come up with some scheme to the things you need to do. ie if the P Parameter is 1 do this else if 2 do that and so on. Do you know how to code an ‘if’ statement?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:40 pm

basically what i need to do with parameters is use one single Mcode number to execute multiple spindle drills, one at time for example, use the M110 code, it's possible to use the words P Q R for each drill? can it run more than 3 functions? i been playing with this but i am not that expert with c code,

thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:15 am

A single parameter is a variable that can have an infinite number of possible values. So an MCode with one parameter P can perform an infinite number of different things.

So for example with GCode of

M100 P1 (activate drill 1)
M100 P2 (activate drill 2)
M100 P3 (activate drill 3)

Then your C Program for M101 might be:

Code: Select all

#include "KMotionDef.h"

void main()
{
	float P = *(float *)&persist.UserData[0];  // get the P Parameter from VAR 0

if (P == 1)
	{
		// do something regarding Drill #1
	}
	else if (P == 2)
	{
		// do something regarding Drill #2
	}
	else if (P == 3)
	{
		// do something regarding Drill #3
	}
}

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

NOELNOG

Post by NOELNOG » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:36 am

Thank you Tom

i have my drill outputs running now with the g code.