Homing setup

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

RogerFroud

Homing setup

Post by RogerFroud » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:41 pm

I've found the HomeMM_V8.c program and am about to try this with the X-axis since that's the only one I've got hooked up at the moment.

I've changed the AxisChannel to 0 and set the limitbit to 136 which is the KANALOG Opto input 0 for the X-axis limit switch.
However, I don't know what to set the encoder bit number to. I've attached the schematic for the KANALOG Encoder Adaptor which shows that the X-axis Ref goes to JP1.5 A1 and /REF goes to JP1.6 /A1
What bit number would that relate to in the CreateHomeTask(0, 0, 1, 1, 100, 400, 136, 0, 0, 80); procedure? I'm guessing 2 since it's the third one?
What bit numbers will the Y and Z be? Those go to JP1.13/14 and JP2.5/6. Those would be 5 and 8 if my reasoning is correct?
Attachments
KANALOG encoder adaptor.pdf
(10.46 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

TomKerekes

Re: Homing setup

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:52 pm

Hi Roger,
I've found the HomeMM_V8.c program and am about to try this with the X-axis
I wouldn't use that Program. It is quite complex in that it allows dynamic configuration for any type of homing for any type of system using a number of methods. Its simpler to configure a program for your specific case. See here.

I've attached the schematic for the KANALOG Encoder Adaptor which shows that the X-axis Ref goes to JP1.5 A1 and /REF goes to JP1.6 /A1
In that case the Ref Signal should show up as Bit 2. In most systems an encoder index pulse is to be used in conjunction with a home switch first. In your case possibly not so treat the index input as the home sensor instead.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.