Spindle control

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Prima-Astro

Spindle control

Post by Prima-Astro » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Good day

I was given a milling machine which was converted to CNC. I have tried to get help from the person that gave it to me,but had no feedback since.
I downloaded and installed the required software and I am able to control the X,Y and Z axis,but can't get the spindle to work. I took the time today to trace all the wires and sketch a diagram to see how it all is connected.

The spindle motor is a W92-1000C. It is wired to a XMT_driver_1000. The driver in connected to a smaller PCB labelled XMT-SK and then runs to a variable speed controller(C6). The variable speed controller has a 4 port connection (Step/GND/Dir CW/En CCW) which is a cut off network cable connected to the K-flop RJ45 port.

Step is wired to RJ45 -pin 1 IO36
GND is a separate wire
DIR CW is wired to RJ45 -pin 4 IO39 (relay 1 is on/off)
EN CCW is wired to RJ45 -pin 5 IO40 (relay 2 is direction control)

How should I apply this to Tool Setup and Config and Flash to get the spindle working?
Please can anyone give me advice. Thank you

TomKerekes

Re: Spindle control

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:26 pm

Hi,

The first step would be to configure a KFLOP Axis as a Step/Dir Axis. Configure the Output Chan as 12 to output TTL mode Step Pulses on JP5 pin1. See here.

Then set the CW Bit 39 and or CCW Bit 40 and clear the other.

Then enable the KFLOP Axis.

Then Command the Axis to Jog ie. JogX=1000 on the Console Screen and check if the Spindle runs.

After that the Spindle can be controlled in the same way as any Spindle that can be controlled as an axis by Jogging. See here.

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Prima-Astro

Post by Prima-Astro » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:03 pm

Good day

Since my initial post I have not had much time to try and get this working. I am a complete noob to this and have zero knowledge on this. I was fortunate to be given this machine and would really like to make use of it,but no luck so far. Is there anyone that can perhaps give a more detailed view on what I should do. I installed Kmotion on a new laptop and all I can still do is control the X,Y and Z axis with an added downside that the Y axis now shudders when I try and move it in either direction. If I can't get this working I'll rather convert the machine back to basic milling,but the CNC function would be really helpful.

Thank you

turbothis

Post by turbothis » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:46 pm

it will take time but worth it in the end
i like to add pics for clarity

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:46 pm

Hi,

In order for us to help you would need to post a lot more info about your system what youhave done and what you are doing.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.