Ethernet stand-alone and Differential axis outputs

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

DrKnow65

Ethernet stand-alone and Differential axis outputs

Post by DrKnow65 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:57 pm

First post, and as there is no welcome thread, I figured I would toss in a new feature request...

I would like to see an Ethernet based Kflop that could be accessed from miscellaneous PC's on the network. (I.e. PC in the office, PC at the machine in the workshop, wifi tablet for when I want to monitor while on the move, etc).

I am interfacing Panasonic Minas A5 AC servo drives and will be building some ‎SN75ALS191P‎ based dual-output line drivers to convert the LVTTL axis outputs in order to take advantage of the higher speed interface using differential signals provides (4Mpps vs 500Kpps). With the added benefit of noise cancellation to boot :)

Jeff

Moray

Re: Ethernet stand-alone and Differential axis outputs

Post by Moray » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:38 pm

I'll second the ethernet interface request :-)

Regarding the differential outputs, if you're interested, I've got a batch of PCBs for outputting the JP5 step/dir outputs to differential outputs. They have two RJ connectors for input/output, with jumpers to select if signals are passed straight through from the input RJ to output RJ, or diverted to line driver chips, with the differential outputs going to the same pluggable connectors as other Dynomotion boards use.

I made them so I could select if Kanalog encoder inputs 4-7 are used, or the KFlop step/dir channels 4-7 were output to differential outputs.
Attachments
30703631150_fefec9c7ee_z.jpg

GS76

Post by GS76 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:51 pm

Are there plans for an Ethernet version?

AmitKumar171

Post by AmitKumar171 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:09 am

Moray wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:38 pm
I'll second the ethernet interface request :-)

Regarding the differential outputs, if you're interested, I've got a batch of PCBs for outputting the JP5 step/dir outputs to differential outputs. They have two RJ connectors for input/output, with jumpers to select if signals are passed straight through from the input RJ to output RJ, or diverted to line driver chips, with the differential outputs going to the same pluggable connectors as other Dynomotion boards use.

I made them so I could select if Kanalog encoder inputs 4-7 are used, or the KFlop step/dir channels 4-7 were output to differential outputs.
Hi moray,

Do you have board diagram and component list for the board you shared ??

Waiting for your kind reply.
Thank You

AMIT KUMAR

Moray

Post by Moray » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:44 pm

AmitKumar171 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:09 am
Hi moray,

Do you have board diagram and component list for the board you shared ??

Hi Amit,

I do, however they're in DipTrace format, and I think you may need some of my custom libraries to view them. I would check, but I don't have DipTrace installed on this PC.
I also have the required output files to get the PCBs made at seeedstudio.

AmitKumar171

Post by AmitKumar171 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:26 am

Moray wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi Amit,

I do, however they're in DipTrace format, and I think you may need some of my custom libraries to view them. I would check, but I don't have DipTrace installed on this PC.
I also have the required output files to get the PCBs made at seeedstudio.
Hi Morey,

DipTrace works for me can you please share?

Thank You

AMIT KUMAR

Moray

Post by Moray » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi Amit,

Diptrace files attached for the board.
I think you'll need some of my custom component libraries, but I'm not sure what ones, as it's been a while since I created this design.
Attachments
KFlop_DiffDriver.zip
(47.34 KiB) Downloaded 111 times