Graver on KFlop

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Al4nse

Graver on KFlop

Post by Al4nse » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:02 am

Hello, Tom.
Kflop is a very good CNC tool.Its flexible architecture allows you to implement many different projects. Our company has already built a laser cutter based on Kflop. Now we want to add the function of marking parts with a laser. However, the concept of the G-code introduces limitations for the realization of this task. Do you plan to create an application for engraving based on Kflop? This greatly extends the functionality of the platform. Maybe there are any solutions to the problem? What do you think about this?

TomKerekes

Re: Graver on KFlop

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi Al4nse,

I don't see how GCode introduces any limitations. I could see how it might not be convenient. I suppose you might be expecting something like dxf input or fonts or a Windows's Printer Driver? These would be major software tasks. Could you be more specific what you mean? How many systems would you plan to build?

Regards
TK
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Al4nse

Post by Al4nse » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:07 pm

I mean that when using G-code for laser engraving, due to frequent stops when changing colors, the running time will increase.
Yes. This should look like a bitmap editor, with a contour highlighting feature. Kflop should work as a laser printer.
At black points, the laser turns on, turns off the white ones. I plan to add this feature to the laser cutter.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:07 pm

It’s possible to add MCodes within the GCode to switch the Laser on/off at precise positions without stopping the motion. See:
http://www.dynomotion.com/Help/KMotionC ... mmands.htm

Maybe that would work for you.

How many Engravers do you intend to build?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Al4nse

Post by Al4nse » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:21 am

I apologize.
10.jpg
10.jpg (17.46 KiB) Viewed 7795 times

Al4nse

Post by Al4nse » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:22 am

9.jpg
It seemed to me that the G1 command ended with a servo stop.
I'll try to use this approach.
Thank you for the link. I have not read it before.
Laser engraver is not a commercial product. We build it for the needs of our own production.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi Al4nse,

G1 moves should not cause a stop unless there is a sharp angle (> Break Angle). That is how curved paths consisting of many short segments are used to cut at a continuous feedrate.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.