setup features

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

pblase

setup features

Post by pblase » Tue May 28, 2019 1:40 pm

*For checkout and initial setup, it would be quite handy to be able to directly command the output, especially the DACS, to a given level and bypass the control loop. I had to play with things for several days to insure that the output polarity was correct with respect to the position encoder. (Turns out that with my setup the input voltage to the servo drive and the output position from the encoders have opposite polarities).
* The configuration/flash screen should have every parameter that can be set! It took me two days to figure out that I had to significantly increase the output limit, only settable from the step-response screen, in order for the system to work.

TomKerekes

Re: setup features

Post by TomKerekes » Tue May 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi pblase,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

There are commands to directly command the DAC Outputs. See here.

The reason there are parameters on the Config/Flash, Step Response, and Filters Screens is because the would not all easily fit on one screen.

The tuning related parameters are on the Step Response Screen to avoid the need to switch screens while tuning.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

pblase

Post by pblase » Tue May 28, 2019 7:37 pm

There are commands to directly command the DAC Outputs. See here.
That lets me set the maximum output, not the actual DAC output. Yes I can use a power supply, but it's nice to be able to confirm that the entire chain works electrically. I did have a grounding issue that I had to work through with which being able to control the DAC output directly would have helped.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue May 28, 2019 8:35 pm

Well no, it sets the actual DAC value. What makes you think it sets the maximum output? A common mistake is to have the Axis Enabled and writing to the DAC which would overwrite any value that you command with the Console DAC Command.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.