Reading from console

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

pblase

Reading from console

Post by pblase » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:50 pm

the printf() function sends to the console output. Is there no way to read keystrokes from the console?

TomKerekes

Re: Reading from console

Post by TomKerekes » Thu May 02, 2019 3:40 pm

No sorry there isn't.

Describe what you are trying to do and we can probably find a solution.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

pblase

Post by pblase » Mon May 13, 2019 3:40 pm

I'm trying to figure out how to have a PC send commands to the KFLOP program (mostly "GO"). Correct me if I'm wrong, but the program running on the KFLOP can access the RS-232 serial port (via the KANALOG, as per http://www.dynomotion.com/Help/RS232/RS232.htm) but can't access the USB connection except to print to the console. Correct? It would be nice if I could just use the USB connection and not have to have a second serial line.

Alternatively, can the PC issue script commands through the USB connection directly (through the virtual com port?)?

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Mon May 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi pblase,
I'm trying to figure out how to have a PC send commands to the KFLOP program (mostly "GO").
It isn't clear what on the PC would be sending the commands. Or what "GO" is.

Why not have the PC send commands to KFLOP using our Libraries in the normal way as intended? See the block diagram here. You might take a look at all the included examples.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the program running on the KFLOP can access the RS-232 serial port (via the KANALOG, as per http://www.dynomotion.com/Help/RS232/RS232.htm)
Otherwise yes KFLOP can receive script commands via RS232 instead of USB by calling the function:
EnableRS232Cmds(RS232_BAUD_57600);

Or C Programs on KFLOP can send/receive RS232 Data while KFLOP still receives USB script commands

Or Script Commands can be sent over USB with the Virtual COM port driver. See here.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.