Controlling Step-Servo Motor(Hybrid motor) with KFlop

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

ajith

Controlling Step-Servo Motor(Hybrid motor) with KFlop

Post by ajith » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:32 am

Dear Sir,
Is it Possible to connect Step servo motor(Hybrid Motor) along with its drive to the Kflop board. because hybrid motors have encoder cable.If its possible may i know its circuit diagram.

TomKerekes

Re: Controlling Step-Servo Motor(Hybrid motor) with KFlop

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:39 pm

I don't really understand the question. Do you have specifications on the Drive?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

ajith

Post by ajith » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:42 am

Dear Sir,
I have Kflop board and kstep board. using those boards we tried operating 3 stepper motors. But Now we bought 3 Step Servo Motors along with its drivers (57J1880EC-1000 with 2HSS57 (Maxima Stepservo Motor with Encoder)).
57J1880EC-1000-LS.PNG
In this image the motor has two wires one is used for motor supply and other wire is for encoder feedback.
2HSS57.PNG
This is the circuit diagram of our motor driver.
we usually transmit pulse output and motor direction signal from PLC to driver and then driver take care of the closed loop system. so what im trying to say is i need an pulse output and direction signal either from kflop or kstep to control my driver.
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-27 at 4.18.44 PM.jpeg
i have mentioned some details in above image.please go through it also.
My Question is whether it is possible to operate my motor either with or without its driver using Kflop.
If its possible may i know how to connect our motor with kstep

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:43 pm

Hi,

KFLOP should be able to provide Step/Dir signals to those drives using KFLOP's 5V open collector (common anode) mode. See here. Note your wires show +24V connected to the Drives. This should be changed to +5V or there may be damage to KFLOP.

KStep would not be needed.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

ajith

Guindance for selecting Kflop to drive 4 axes robot

Post by ajith » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:37 am

Dear sir,
we are planning on builting a new desktop robot using Kflop which is a 4 axis Bot. The axes are driven by servo. But we have an issues with selecting the Kflop components. Can you suggest what are the Kflop components required to run a 4 axes robot?. Is it possible to run a servo motor with encoder directly with Kflop board without an separate drives for it? Is there any servo motors with encoder can you suggest that is suitable for Kflop board?
If we are need to but a servo motor with encoder and its drive separately, Is there any specification criteria for the servo motor like its input power voltage that we need to aware before buying an servo motor with encoder and its drive.
If you need specification of motors like its holding torque, The holding torque will be 2 N/m.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:27 pm

Hi Ajith,

KFLOP is only a Controller. There must be Servo Drives added to drive Servo Motors.

KFLOP only has single ended encoder inputs. Most industrial systems use differential encoders for reduced noise susceptibility. See FAQ here. Our Kogna Controller has differential inputs.

You would need to be more specific on the motor specifications. The servos can be closed loop back to out Controller or back to the Drives.

Not sure what you mean by "Step-Servo Motor(Hybrid motor)"

Note: please don't post your questions multiple places.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

ajith

Post by ajith » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:56 pm

Dear sir,
While going through the dynomotion, i have come across a topic snap amp.
https://www.dynomotion.com/SnapAmp.html ... h%20manner.
I need some clarification in this snap amp that in the manual they have stated
Each side (A, B) has 4 half bridge amplifiers capable of driving either:

1 stepper motor
1 brushless motor
2 brush motors
is it possible to run 4 servo motor(closed loop) with 1 snap amp orelse we need two snap amp.
Is it mandatory to use separate drives for each motor or else the servo motor and its differential encoder can be connected directly.
Is there any servo voltage and current we need to aware to connect with snap amp.
the hybrid motor we have mentioned is in the following link
https://luna.co.in/jss-hybrid-easy-servo-system/

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:38 pm

is it possible to run 4 servo motor(closed loop) with 1 snap amp orelse we need two snap amp.
It depends on the type of servo motor. 1 SnapAmp can drive (4) DC brushed Servo Motors or (2) 3-phase brushless DC Servo Motors.

Is it mandatory to use separate drives for each motor or else the servo motor and its differential encoder can be connected directly.
I don't understand the question.

Is there any servo voltage and current we need to aware to connect with snap amp.
SnapSpec.png
the hybrid motor we have mentioned is in the following link
https://luna.co.in/jss-hybrid-easy-servo-system/
Yes KFLOP should interface to those Drives with Step/Dir signals. It seems to be a stepper motor driven as a servo motor with encoder feedback to close the loop.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

ajith

Post by ajith » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:48 pm

Dear sir,
If we use snap amp board to run 4 servo motors, Is it necessary that we need to use the motor driver to run the motor.
note: The Motor encoder we have been using is differential.
Yes KFLOP should interface to those Drives with Step/Dir signals. It seems to be a stepper motor driven as a servo motor with encoder feedback to close the loop.
Then is it possible to connect our motor with differential encoder with Kflop directly or we need additional board like Kanalog or snap amp..
What we are trying to do is to connect our servo motors (4 Axis) and its differential encoder directly with your board, it may be Kflop, KAnalog, snap amp, any of your board without any external motor drivers.
If it is possible could you guide us to list out what are the board we need to purchase to do the above?

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:03 pm

If we use snap amp board to run 4 servo motors, Is it necessary that we need to use the motor driver to run the motor.
No SnapAmp is a motor driver.

The Motor encoder we have been using is differential.
Good

Then is it possible to connect our motor with differential encoder with Kflop directly or we need additional board like Kanalog or snap amp.
No you can not connect a motor directly to KFLOP. Think of KFLOP as the brain of the system not the muscle. A Motor Driver is required to supply high power to the motor. SnapAmp is such a motor Driver. Kanalog is not. Kanalog has low current +/-10V analog outputs that 3rd party servo motor drivers often require.

What we are trying to do is to connect our servo motors (4 Axis) and its differential encoder directly with your board, it may be Kflop, KAnalog, snap amp, any of your board without any external motor drivers.
In this case you would need to use KFLOP+SnapAmp(s). But you still haven't stated what type of motors you have and their specifications. Brushed? Brushless? Voltage? Current?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.