Rotary tool changer

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Mateusz

Re: Rotary tool changer

Post by Mateusz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello Tom,

It took few months rather few days from my last post, but now I've got to back to work. Machine was running all the time without tool changer... :D
Any way, I fixed a turret calculation task to compute movement. I hope now is fine. Right now I would't care on tasks time-out procedure. This is what I can work out on next stage.

Regarding turret work in details:
Turret driven wheel is a part of Geneva Gear this mechanism makes very well tolerant for motor stop / start position.
Motor is induction type with DC brake module together with in line gear makes assembly to rotate drive wheel . Once bit ''Rotate_ON'' goes low braking is applied and stops mechanism instantly. There is no issue with timing. Sensor for INDEXING gives one pulse per one tool slot movement and it is inductive proximity type - no signal bouncing effect.

Tomorrow I'll start coding, unfortunately I have no testing jig to test it thru in that reason I'll start posting my job before I'll go on the field where there is no help whatsoever....

Thanks
Mateusz
Attachments
Turret flow charts.pdf
(35.26 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

TomKerekes

Re: Rotary tool changer

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:43 pm

I still find your flowchart to be incorrect. To show waiting for something in a loop there should be a 'if' statement that loops backward like this:
DoWhile.png
DoWhile.png (18.63 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
Also things like:

LAST_TOOL_VAR = n

where n is undefined wouldn't make sense. You might mean:

n = LAST_TOOL_VAR

The value/calculation is normally on the right and where to put the result is on the left.

The logic for which way to go still seems wrong.
Maybe subtract the desired position from the last position and if positive go forward and if negative go backward, but if more than +/-10 go the other way.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.