Machine coordinate gost offset

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Henk

Machine coordinate gost offset

Post by Henk » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:38 am

Hi Tom,

I have been using the Kflop KAnalog combo for a few years now (happy customer), I use Cut2D (Vectric) with the generic post processor (works great) to get my G-code. Now I've upgraded to VCarve Desktop (Vectric) to cut more complex shapes, the G-code looks very simple and clean (using same post processor I used with Cut2D).
So My first cut went well (item 3 in (Tray Mill wrong) pic) then I started to get this offset issue, X-axis zero (zero on the side of my work piece) value changes every time it steps down, item 1 and 2 in pic (Tray Mill wrong).
Kmotion can load the Gcode fine (see pics G viewer (Tray Tool path)).

I'm using 4.30 software update.

Please have a look at the attached files.
I hope you have some tips.

Many thanks

Henk
Attachments
G-Code Roughing 2.zip
(8.28 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Tray Mill wrong.jpg
Tray Tool path.jpg
Tray Tool path side.jpg

TomKerekes

Re: Machine coordinate gost offset

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi Henk,

That might indicate the X Encoder Position measurement is for some reason not working correctly. It isn't clear why the new CAM code would make a difference. It looks like the code performs a rapid motion in Z and X at various points in the code. Did previous code ever do this? Could the rapid settings be too fast for your system? You might read this article and perform some tests.

It should be simple to determine if the encoder is the problem. Regardless of what code is run, or what motion is performed, the encoder should always count correctly and track the position of the machine correctly. Move the machine to some specific position and somehow mark the physical location of the X axis. Record the X Axis encoder Position reported by the KMotion.exe Axis Screen while at that physical location. Then after a shift occurs move back to the same physical position. If the reported X axis encoder Position is significantly different then the encoder has definitely not counted correctly.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Henk

Re: Machine coordinate gost offset

Post by Henk » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:25 am

Thank you, let me check this.