No USB connection on power up

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

ZBY6933

No USB connection on power up

Post by ZBY6933 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:11 pm

I have a K flop shipped July 2 2018. So I suspect it's flashed at 4.33.
I loaded the latest software on a Win 10 desktop that was auto updated last week on line.
I used an isolated 5 v supply on the KFlop and pulled the USB power jumper.

It doesn't connect with the Win 10 machine.
It does connect with a Win 7 laptop with version 4.32 that I've used on other Kflops previously.
It doesn't complain about version incompatibility and I was able to tickle the I/O with it but that's as far as I tried it.

When the K flop powers up with the USB cable disconnected the leds flash about twice then both stay on.
When the K flop powers up with the USB cable connected to the Win 10 machine the LEDS flash for about 2 seconds then stay on. When this happens the PC does beep like it found something but no confirmation display on the PC taskbar.

If I plug the USB into the PC after the K flop powers up I get the same "found something" beeps.

I checked the Device Manager properties and it shows the K flop but says no driver is loaded.

I went through the manual loading procedure for the driver with the Device manager tool.
Found the driver in the location KFlop was loaded and it loaded and connected.

I just went to the USB driver directory, I didn't have to choose one of the processor selection subdirectories there.

It is now connected so I'll Flash the processor to 4.34.

AZ

TomKerekes

Re: No USB connection on power up

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi AZ,

That sounds correct. Sorry I tried to email you twice and the email was rejected both times.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

ZBY6933

Post by ZBY6933 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:02 am

Hi Tom,
I'm not sure why your email was rejected. I've not had any issues with that ( that I know of) but I have had problems starting about 3 months ago, when I email to a Yahoo account that I previously had no trouble with. ALL my co workers have been experiencing the same thing when dealing with Yahoo emails. We use Microsoft Office 365 Outlook cloud email and maybe there is a tech war going on between Microsoft and Yahoo?

Back to the original issue. Is this USB no connection and no confirmation normal now with Win 10? I didn't see the procedure using the Device Manager to load the USB driver in the startup procedure.

AZ

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:51 am

Hi AZ,
I'm not sure why your email was rejected. I've not had any issues with that ( that I know of) but I have had problems starting about 3 months ago, when I email to a Yahoo account that I previously had no trouble with. ALL my co workers have been experiencing the same thing when dealing with Yahoo emails. We use Microsoft Office 365 Outlook cloud email and maybe there is a tech war going on between Microsoft and Yahoo?
The message I received with your email was:

550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client

But it is on and I don't have issues with anyone else. I just sent you a test email. It hasn't bounced so far.
Back to the original issue. Is this USB no connection and no confirmation normal now with Win 10? I didn't see the procedure using the Device Manager to load the USB driver in the startup procedure.
I guess it wasn't apparent you needed USB Drivers to connect to KFLOP. Normally when connecting KFLOP Windows prompts you to load Drivers as described in the quick start. We'll work on making the instructions more clear if you don't see or get the prompt.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

ZBY6933

Post by ZBY6933 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:44 pm

Thanks Tom.
I knew that the USB drivers needed to be loaded as I've done this before with Win XP and Win 7. It was the lack of prompt when making the USB connection that threw me.

I'll check my email for your test.

AZ

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi AZ,

Your email was working but now is bouncing again with "Host or domain name not found"

Please post your questions here on the forum instead of email the Administrator.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Igor

Post by Igor » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:43 pm

Good afternoon Tom, happy NEW YEAR))). I have a similar problem, randomly kflop turns off, after rebooting wine 10 it connects, but also not every time. the LEDs blink when there is no connection, are there any other recommendations and how to fix this problem? and now i'm running into an even weirder problem, my init file refuses to "work" when i plug in external power (molex). the problem looks like this. when connecting an external power supply, the X-Z-Axes do not take hold. the Y-axis works, the A-axis rattles, oscillating in different directions. only 4 axes are physically connected at the moment. 4 axis A rotational (turning).
Attachments
11111.JPG
InitKStep6AxisSpindleAxis6 — 2022.c
(9.52 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:50 pm

Hi Igor,
I have a similar problem, randomly kflop turns off
What do you mean "Turns off"?

Is KFLOP USB Powered?
after rebooting wine 10 it connects
What is wine 10? Windows 10? Is KFLOP also rebooted?

I assume you have 2 KSteps?
the X-Z-Axes do not take hold.
If the KStep has Motor Power, +5V, and is enabled the motors should have holding torque. Have you checked those?

Have you checked your wiring?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Igor

Post by Igor » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:02 pm

1 loses connection with computer. 2 yes usb 3 yes windows 10. 4 no connection only to cflop. I made many attempts to fix this problem, but alas, I myself went to a dead end. changing the conclusions on the motors to TTL. I got that the linear axes work. but rotations don't work.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:36 am

Hi Igor,

I don't completely understand your responses.
the LEDs blink when there is no connection
Not sure what this means, but if the KFLOP LEDs blink that would indicate the KFLOP has been reset and is re-booting. Is this what is happening? A reset would cause a USB disconnect. If so then it might be a noise or power supply issue.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.