Welcome to the Dynomotion forum!

Read the latest news and announcements from Dynomotion

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

TomKerekes

Re: Welcome to the Dynomotion forum!

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi Kmac,

It is sort of up to you to decide.

I know the designer of the KTopper breakout board. He is a good guy and stands behind his products. The KTopper is a new product but I know of it working well on several systems. Besides a number of features it add differential encoder inputs to KFLOP.

I suspect the Leadshine hybrid motors would achieve higher performance before they fault as they operate in a servo type of mode. But then possibly higher cost, complexity, and aren't closed loop back to the controller as I described earlier.

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Kmac

Post by Kmac » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:57 am

Ok so It sounds like you are saying to me that I will get better results with the Leadshine hyrbrid steppers and KMotion will help also. I realize it is my decision and I appreciate your help.

Tom, this is not my hobby machine. I am a high end guitar maker and have had mediocre results with cnc machining. Some things are working fine while others are a disaster resulting in firewood. I often revert to old school methods when I want a part to be correct but it is wearing on my body, shoulders and hands.

I don’t know what trajectory planning is nor do I know what differential encoder is. I can make a pretty good guess and look things up but somehow I don’t think that is sufficient to get my results.

I might have made an error in purchasing new motors and drivers from Leadshine but I think the advice I have gathered which has led to that purchase was good.

I am simply not educated in electronics or mechanics of this type of machinery. I will admit it without shame. I look at the results that others get as a guide to weather I will take their advice.

That has led me here.

There are others in my position. We are those who want to make the right decision in order to make it reliable and save on bodily wear and tare.

So with that said now I will ask for specific product advice. Those that you offer and the one from Ktopper. Or none of the above.

jack

Post by jack » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Howdy
I am working on a plasma cutting table with DC servo motors driven by AMC 12A8E analog drivers. I am planning on using KFLOP with Kanalog. Mach 3 is what I plan on using with this , and I see there is a plug-in for this setup. Do I need anything else between the KFLOP- Kanalog and Mach 3 ? Thanks Jack

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi Jack,

I’m not sure what you are asking. I suspect you will need something to interface your plasma height or voltage back to KFLOP.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

jack

Post by jack » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:25 pm

I wasn't very plain with my question. What I was asking is there any other hardware between the KFLOP and my computer ? A USB connection is all that is involved ?? I do have a THC with the plasma and I know that I will have to be able to interface to the KFLOP . Thanks Jack

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi Jack,

The only connection between KFLOP and the PC is the USB connection.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Alopmu

Post by Alopmu » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:51 am

Hi, my name is Andres
first of all, thanks for allowing me to enter the forum
I have bought a Kanalog v1.0 and I find a problem. It is to retrofit a 5-axis milling machine. The problem I find is that the servo motors use a resolver and there are 3 channels per axis. can i use these servos? or is there any adapter? o Extension of differential inputs?
I’m loss, can help me
Thanks

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:05 pm

I think you will need to add digital differential encoders to the axes.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Alopmu

Post by Alopmu » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:49 pm

Thank you for answering so quickly. I don't think I have the possibility of adapting a new encoder in the servo motors or in the axes, since they are very old. I think I have read in the manual that there are two ways to do it, one with a diode and something else and another with an external differential input card, but it has not been very clear to me.
I would just need to confirm if the resolver can be used or not, to make a decision.
excuse my ignorance. It is my first retro fit with this brand
Regards

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:32 pm

Hi Alopmu,

I'm not sure what you mean by "there are 3 channels per axis". Normally there is one excitation coil and two output coils. You would need to locate specifications on your resolvers and drives.

If you could obtain sine/cosine analog signals from your resolvers, 5 axes would have 10 signals and Kanalog only has 8 analog inputs.

You might use a 3rd party resolver to incremental encoder converter such as this:
https://vegacnc.com/hardware/resolver-t ... a-2796500/
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.