Adding spindle speed in KMotionCNC

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

TomKerekes

Re: Adding spindle speed in KMotionCNC

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:12 pm

I just noticed that in my KFlop folder there are files with the .out extension that may indicate which thread they were flashed to, for example K2_Home(2).out. Are these files created when the C programs are compiled, and do the numbers in parentheses indicate the thread number? If so, I've never compiled any C programs, so I'm assuming they were created by K2. Does that sound correct?
Well the (2) in the filename indicates which Thread the C Program was Compiled to run in. The Program may or may not have been downloaded and Flashed to KFLOP. For example pushing the Home button in KMotion CNC may compile, download, and execute the program in a Thread but not Flash it.
When you flash the user memory, does it flash all of the C programs that are currently assigned to a thread, and all of the settings on the Step Response and Config & Flash screens? I guess I don't quite understand what gets flashed and what is just controlled from KMotion. I'm mostly wondering about the servo tuning parameters--would these be embedded in K2's C programs that are flashed, or are they controlled from KMotion in real time?
Flashing User Memory Flashes the entire state of KFLOP. Which includes all the Threads memory spaces, Axis Settings, and Persist Variables. The last programs downloaded to KFLOP will be Flashed. The current Axis settings will also be Flashed, but I think K2CNC normally did something like set persist variables to values to define the machine configuration. Then used a generic C program that would read the variables and based on that configure Axis Parameters.

HTH
Regards
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

amowry

Re: Adding spindle speed in KMotionCNC

Post by amowry » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:40 pm

Okay, I think I understand. I’m going to order another kflop soon and see if I can reproduce the setup. Thanks again!

Frankmub

Adding spindle speed in KMotionCNC

Post by Frankmub » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi Kvom
Never heard of that brand of mill before and so had a look at the website, Nice.

I also set up my mill for a high speed spindle and believing that bigger was better bought a 2hp one.

Big mistake as I can't use it, as it makes a noise that would wake up the dead.

Dave