5 axis CNC Router/3d printer

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

George Butty

Re: 5 axis CNC Router/3d printer

Post by George Butty » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:42 pm

Hi Tom, how would I get my Jog buttons in KMotionCNC to correspond to the
axis channels that I have set up. Channel 0&1 are for Xaxis, Channel 2 is for Y,
Channel 3 is for Z, channel 4 is for Baxis and Channel 5 is for Caxis.
Thanks
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:20 pm

Hi George,

That would be

Code: Select all

DefineCoordSystem6(0,2,3,-1,4,5);  //XYZABC
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:50 am

Well that is obvious!
thanks
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:38 am

I assumed Axis 0 is the Master Axis for X
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:42 am

Yes, that is correct. Will give it a try tomorrow.
Thanks again
George

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:53 am

Hi Tom, I got my machine working nicely running in 3 axis mode and can run your ear.ngc file in KmotionCNC. Now it's time to work out the RTCP for C&B Axis. My machine has a 5AxisGimbalCB setup. The setup is following the right hand rule with C rotating about Z axis and B rotating about Y axis. (picture attached). I have looked over the links you have sent me about setting up the RTCP. Unfortunately I am having problems following
the logic used to implement the programs needed. I set up the Kinematics.txt file set to run 5AxisGimbleCB. After that there is talk about
Kinematics5AxisGimblalCB.cpp, Kinematics5AxisGimbal.h and stdafx.h which seems to be part of Kinematics5AxisGimblalCB.cpp. What I am having problems with is the logic flow on how all this fits together. I have KmotionCNC set to run my C program once it starts. I have started
KmotionCNC in the custom setup option and set it up for 5Axis operation. Can you give me a run down on how this all fits together.
Thanks
George

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:55 am

Hi Tom, I got my machine working nicely running in 3 axis mode and can run your ear.ngc file in KmotionCNC. Now it's time to work out the RTCP for C&B Axis. My machine has a 5AxisGimbalCB setup. The setup is following the right hand rule with C rotating about Z axis and B rotating about Y axis. (picture attached). I have looked over the links you have sent me about setting up the RTCP. Unfortunately I am having problems following
the logic used to implement the programs needed. I set up the Kinematics.txt file set to run 5AxisGimbleCB. After that there is talk about
Kinematics5AxisGimblalCB.cpp, Kinematics5AxisGimbal.h and stdafx.h which seems to be part of Kinematics5AxisGimblalCB.cpp. What I am having problems with is the logic flow on how all this fits together. I have KmotionCNC set to run my C program once it starts. I have started
KmotionCNC in the custom setup option and set it up for 5Axis operation. Can you give me a run down on how this all fits together.
Thanks
George
Attachments
20230102_153957.jpg

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:26 am

Hi George,

Did you read this?

You are lucky Kinematics5AxisGimbalCB exists and should work for you. So you shouldn't need to add a new class. However that class has a hard coded value of:

Code: Select all

PivotToChuckLength = 7.874; // distance from Gimbal point to chuck ie 0 length tool
Its possible to modify the code to read this from the Kinematics.txt file so re-compile isn't required for such changes. See the GetParameter calls in later Kinematics classes.

You will probably need to change that and re-compile the class. To re-build the libraries after changes see here.

However without re-compiling the kinematics should still work but with the wrong Tool Length. If you adjust the Tool length to compensate for the difference between your chuck PivotToChuckLength and the compiled PivotToChuckLength it should work.

Let me know how much of this makes sense.
Last edited by TomKerekes on Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:10 pm

Hi Tom, can you resend the first link. Does not want to connect.

George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:16 pm

Oops. Should work now.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.