5 axis CNC Router/3d printer

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

George Butty

Re: 5 axis CNC Router/3d printer

Post by George Butty » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:07 pm

HI Tom, yes I have looked at what I would need to do to build the libraries. Unfortunately I do not have
that much programing experience to digest all of that at once. I am assuming that KmotionCNC connects to
the Kinematics program . Can you explain in plain English what the order of operation takes place between the
different programs for this to happen. Also it would help if you would tell me what language each program is written
in. Eg. .C is C, .h ? .dll ? As I said this is new to me. I will be able to get help with this but I would like to have a better
understanding before I do that.
Thanks
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:22 pm

Hi George,

The Kinematics are part of our Coordinated Motion Libraries, specifically GCodeInterpreter.dll, which are written in C++, Compiled with Visual Studio 2015, and execute on the PC. You should really only need to change that one number and select "Build". Maybe the diagram below may help taken from here.

Software.png
HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:28 pm

hi Tom, starting to make some sense. At this point I am not to concerned about that radius value. What activates
the GCodeinterpreter? I set up the Kinematics.txt file in Kmotion/Data/folder to 5AxisGimbalCB. As shown on video.
Typed in B45 in MDI and sent. B Axis rotates to 45 but no movement of the corresponding axis to hold center point rotation.
What am I missing?
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:49 pm

H George,

Did you enter:

Code: Select all

G43.4 Hn (Tool #n length On with RTCP On)
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:12 pm

Hi Tom, yes it works with the proper code. Slowly starting to understand how RTCP functions.
Should have no problem changing radius value. I do have a strange Fault problem with
my Ch0 master and Ch1 slave , XAxis. One motor keeps faulting when you would think
everything is fine. I will contact Teknic to see if they can help me with
that. I did notice if I jog around in RTCP mode, that one axis my not track properly. It seems to
over shoot and then correct itself after stopping. What would cause that? All motors have been auto tuned
and they respond very quickly with little hesitation.
Thanks
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:17 pm

Hi George,
I do have a strange Fault problem with my Ch0 master and Ch1 slave , XAxis. One motor keeps faulting when you would think
everything is fine.
What do you mean by "faulting". The Drive? One thing to remember is that the Slave should not be included in the Coordinated Motion System.

I did notice if I jog around in RTCP mode, that one axis my not track properly. It seems to
over shoot and then correct itself after stopping. What would cause that? All motors have been auto tuned
and they respond very quickly with little hesitation.
That is a known problem we've yet to come up with a good solution. Ironically Jogging can be more difficult than running GCode. GCode can be completely pre-planned where as with Jogging the Operator can randomly change speeds and directions. With relatively low Jog speeds the issue is normally minimal.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:20 am

When you say leaving it out of the Coordinate System I assume you mean this DefineCoordSystem6(0,2,3,-1,4,5); //XYZABC. If so, that
is what I have. The machine Jogs nicely but out of the blue one of the motor, drives goes into fault and shuts down. Drives are on the clear path
motors and run from Quad signals. (no encoder feedback. Only fault signal) It seems the slave motor is the one faulting. It is tricky to set up since you cannot tune both motors at the same time. So what Teknics suggests is to use the configuration from another axis and down load to each motor on the double motor Axis. In my case the Y axis has close to half the mass of the total mass of X , Y and also has the same mechanical setup. Therefore the configuration for Y axis should be quit close for the double motors. One other thing they mention is to make sure the 70v power supply has enough power so it can handle the surge in current and voltage drop on acc.. I set my scope with ch1 monitoring voltage and ch2 monitoring the ac current threw a current loop coil before bridge rectifier. Running 3Kva Transformer with bridge rectifier and two large 18k micro farad caps in parallel . The signals are very clean under all conditions with very small deviations while jogging and running the ear.gnc code at a high speed. At random times the slave motor faults both while jogging and when running ear.gnc file. Once in a while it goes threw file without any problems. Would it make sense to connect Ch0 quad signals directly to Ch1 quad signal on motor and run both motors from one signal just to see if I can isolate the problem. Your 3.3v signal goes to a high speed 24V voltage converter. PNP in PNP out.

George

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:28 pm

Is there a back file for the Trajectory Planner? Had to reload software. Installed saved scr.
but trajectory planner comes on with default values.
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:32 am

When you say leaving it out of the Coordinate System I assume you mean this DefineCoordSystem6(0,2,3,-1,4,5); //XYZABC. If so, that
is what I have.
Correct
Would it make sense to connect Ch0 quad signals directly to Ch1 quad signal on motor and run both motors from one signal just to see if I can isolate the problem. Your 3.3v signal goes to a high speed 24V voltage converter. PNP in PNP out.
I suppose that would prove KFLOP isn't doing anything odd. I assume the Drive fault (shutdown?) is triggered. The manual indicates shutdown can come from (and others):

Over Temperature
Under/Over Voltage
Over Current
Step Pulse Timing
Tracking Error limit

Do you know which it is? It seems the blinking LED should indicate the cause.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:06 pm

Hi Tom, got the machine running beautifully. The problem resolved its self once I reloaded your software.
I was going through the scr. files to check out the different screens. I opened one of the sample files and an error
message came up saying there was a file missing. Screen came on and there was no viewer and the controls where also missing, so I could not go back and reset the screen. Reloaded the software and got screen back but lost control of step jog. Also lost Trajectory Planner Data. That is why I was wondering where the data was store so I could try reloading. Still had no step jog after reload. So I uninstalled software, reloaded from scratch. Reset every thing and the drive fault problem disappeared. It seems that something was not sinking with the master/slave. I made no changes to any hardware or software and this fault problem was there before I tried the screen change. Also I tried the same screen change on desktop, different computer with same result. Not sure which screen file it was and I am not going to look again because of the the pain.
RTCP is working at very nice speeds. One thing I did notice was as the axis rotates there is a small amount of jitter. Is there any way to get that out?
Thanks
George