5 axis CNC Router/3d printer

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

TomKerekes

Re: 5 axis CNC Router/3d printer

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:04 pm

Hi George,
my machine runs all axis in the upper gantry. I don't have a moving bed so I think that is what
is causing things to go reverse.
Good point
From what I can understand from the change you recommend that will reverse the RTCP B rotation. Is this correct?
Well no. That shouldn't have any effect on the B rotation, rather it changes how the RTCP XY adjustment is calculated.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:42 pm

Hi Tom, changed the direction of the B axis and it seems to work correctly now.
Now I am having trouble with bounce in my limit switches. What would the best way to debounce
so they work both for homing and over travel limits?
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:41 pm

Hi George,

Not sure what the issue is.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:04 am

I am getting random faults in my teknic motors when I hit a limit. The motor faults are a Step Input Timing Error and mainly when I home
the machine. Many times things work fine and other times one axis faults out. Axis X, Y, Z, all have mechanical switches and the fault will
take random turns on any of the 3 axis. I have Proximity sensors on axis C and B and never have a problem with them. All I can think
of is the bounce in the switches is causing a disrupted single going to the motors. I was thinking of programing a small time delay just to let the switch settle before it is read. Not sure if that would work and should it go into the INT file or the Homing file? I want to make sure that the signal
will work for homing and end limits as well.
George

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:18 pm

Hi Tom got limits working better with a small time delay in homing. I have another strange problem with the gcode I am
running. It Is a simple milling with 3+2 axis motions. I would like to attach it but I can't figure out how. Attachments will not except .nc file.
The program has G28 G91 Z0 commands on three separate locations. The first two times the lines are activated the machine goes
to the machine zero location and makes the proper B,C axis change at G29 machine zero. When it does the third G29 move, it
heads back to the G29 position to make the last B,C axis change but the machine Zero value has changed . The Y axis hits the
-Y limit inches away from where it should be. Once you see the program you will see that the program format is the same as the
previous G29's where.

Thanks
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:13 pm

Hi George,

Sorry I thought I responded but don't see my response.

I don't see how limits or homing could cause a step timing error. Limits could cause a sudden stop. I'm not sure if that would qualify as a step timing error.

I don't see how switch bounce could be an issue. The first transition should cause a stop other tranistions should be after the fact and have no effect.

You might post your INIT and Home C Programs so we can see how the limits are configured.
I have another strange problem with the gcode I am
running. It Is a simple milling with 3+2 axis motions. I would like to attach it but I can't figure out how. Attachments will not except .nc file.
change extension to .txt
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:01 am

Hi Tom, I have to agree with you, the limit problem may have something to do with the sudden stop. Will leave that for now. I have attached
the file I am having trouble with. As I said in the last post, the program runs fine until it hits the third G28 G91 Z0 line. The machine heads
back to the machine zero but the zero has shifted and the - Yaxis hits the limit inches before the machine is at the proper zero. If I remove the
line then the machine will make the proper B,C rotations and continue with the motion but the rotation is in the part. Head does not clear.
The previous G28 lines work fine. Have attached file.

George
Attachments
201.ngc
(16.67 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:51 pm

Hi George,

It isn't entirely clear what you are trying to do or what is happening, but there does seem to be a bug in the what G28 does with the ABCUV Axes. G28 performs 2 moves. The Programmed move and then a move to the G28 programmed position. You didn't tell us what the programmed position is. By default it is zero. Currently the G28 should perform the programmed move then move only XYZ to the G28 programmed position, but doesn't move the ABCUV axes and leaves them in an indeterminate state.

G28 G91 Z0

Should first perform an incremental move in Z of 0 so should do nothing. Then move all axes simultaneously from wherever they are to zero.

Attached is a modified rs274ngc.cpp file. Please copy to the \GCodeInterpreter folder and re-build the libraries to see if it helps.
Attachments
rs274ngc.cpp
(411.19 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:31 pm

Hi Tom, loaded the updated rs274ngc file with no change. When the machine goes to do the third G28 move back to machine home, the
Y axis limits out going in the negative direction. The X axis still has about 9 inches left to go before getting to home position. Yes you are
correct about how the program functions when activated. I reposted the program with a change in the Z0 to a Z10 value and the the head does
move to Z10 first and then heads back to machine zero. But again the problem only gets triggered at the third G28. Will do the the first two with
no problems.
George
Attachments
2011.ngc
(16.67 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:58 pm

Hi George,
loaded the updated rs274ngc file with no change.
Did you rebuild the libraries?

Does the G28 now move B and C to zero?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.