5 axis CNC Router/3d printer

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

George Butty

Re: 5 axis CNC Router/3d printer

Post by George Butty » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:03 pm

Hi Tom, Started machine this morning and for some reason the RTCP is working. Prier to this had no luck in getting it to work properly. Tried
numerous times by restarting program, controller and computer. The XYZBC would all move the way it should but the tool tip was moving far away from the center of rotation. (at least 8") Used the same Gcode program that I sent to you. Ver 4.34 also had similar problems once in a while but would work properly once I restarted KmotionCNC and ran the same Gcode that I posted. I did notice today the when the machine was run through the Gcode the
XYZ DRO would read 0.0000,while all the axis where moving. B and C would show the angles. Sometimes as well, the DRO's would all read 0.000 at the start of the motion and once they returned to 0.0000, the XYZ DRO values would not read 0.0000. There would be some random vales sow up. I have had all zero's sow at times but when I hit the INIT some random number would pop up on The DRO. Check attached pic.
Attachments
20230208_114804.jpg
20230208_114328.jpg
20230208_114143.jpg

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:54 pm

Hi Tom , restarted machine and the problem came back. Running same Gcode. Check YouTube link https://www.youtube.com/shorts/h8s1pellVXQ
Did not change any values in Gcode.
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:49 pm

Hi George,

Keep track of what you are doing when it works and when it doesn't.

Its important that the machine coordinates are zero at the center of rotation of the axes. Are you homing so this is true?

Do you have any GCode offsets?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:55 pm

Hi Tom, I have been getting a better feel for the machine in the last few days and you are correct about how everything is set up.
I have been making init.c changes at the same time and I wasn't rebooting the programs properly. It seems like if I make a change and
restart programs, things are working well.
Thanks
George

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:04 pm

Hi Tom, got back to working on project. Not having much luck with 4.35f.
1) Every time I load KmotionCNC it defaults into RTCP. I have to disable it with G49 every time
2) The B and C axis limits are giving me problems as well. Try to zero off limits to find center position of
rotation and when I hit Positive limit axis stops. Rotate to negative stop axis stops and FeedHold button
goes active. Then I try to come off and FeedHold is still active and can't reveres of switch. Have to reset
Kflop to get off switch. All axis are set to Stop Movment. This all happens before running any program.

George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:36 pm

Hi George,
Every time I load KmotionCNC it defaults into RTCP. I have to disable it with G49 every time
If Tool/Length Immediately and M6 on Tool Table Changes are selected then Tool Length Comp will be enabled on startup. Also why wouldn't you want it enabled?

The B and C axis limits are giving me problems as well. Try to zero off limits to find center position of
rotation and when I hit Positive limit axis stops. Rotate to negative stop axis stops and FeedHold button
goes active. Then I try to come off and FeedHold is still active and can't reveres of switch. Have to reset
Kflop to get off switch. All axis are set to Stop Movment. This all happens before running any program.
You might disable the Limit, home to the limit, move off from the limit, re-enable the Limit.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:11 pm

Hi Tom, setting up my spindle and I am using the simple method. Set Output 152 and 153 and DAC #7 the way the sample is showed.
When I click CW the Dac #7 goes to 9.98 V. When I click Stop the DAC does not reset back to 0.0. Tried MDI M05 as well and the DAC #7 will
not reset to 0. Stays at 9.98V Any suggestions? Ver 3.45h

George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:00 pm

Hi George,

The DAC Voltage should be dependent on the Spindle Speed S word (and how S is configured). So S0 should set the DAC Voltage to 0.

M05 should turn off the Outputs so it shouldn't matter what the DAC Voltage is it should still stop.

You might want to add a forever loop to monitor the Axis Enables and if all the Axes are not enabled then set the DAC output to zero and turn off the Outputs. That way when Stop disables the Axes the Spindle will shut off.

Or you might add an Action to the Stop Button to do that.

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Post by George Butty » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:18 am

Thanks Tom, sorry but I meant to say the off button not the Stop Button. The outputs do go low when the off button is hit
and you are right, all I care about is that the outputs goes low to stop. I will play with this again tomorrow to double check the function with the S command as well.

Thanks
George

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:23 am

Hi George,

The Off button should trigger the M05 Action. How is it configured?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.