5 axis CNC Router

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

George Butty

5 axis CNC Router

Post by George Butty » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:50 am

Hi Tom, I just received your Kflop and Kanalog board. I am making a large format 5 axis router using
Teknic Clearpath motors. Looking over the Kanalog I am not sure what would be the best way to connect all the motors.
I will have 6 motors which will need pulse and direction signals and I will need 10 limit switch inputs.
I will have the X axis running two motors , master /slave setup and the rest of the motors will be driving
y,z,b and c with separate motors. I will not be using any encoder feedback information. Looking at the kanalog board, I am not sure what would be the
best way to connect all this I/O. Any suggestions?

George

TomKerekes

Re: 5 axis CNC Router

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi George,

Kanalog is normally used with analog drives not Step/Dir drives. The Step/Dir Outputs must come from KFLOP. One possibility would be to unplug KFLOP JP5 from Kanalog and use 4 Step/Dir outputs there. Then mux The JP7 Step/Dir Outputs over to JP4 and JP6 and use one from each. For more info see here and here.

Kanalog only offers 8 opto isolated inputs for limit switches. You might add some 3rd party opto isolation. Or consider adding a Konnect.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

George Butty

Re: 5 axis CNC Router

Post by George Butty » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:54 am

Thanks Tom, I will go over your suggestions and I think one of the options will work for me.

George