Spray Robot

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

TomKerekes

Re: Spray Robot

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi Scott,

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. :)

There should be ways to make the motion smoother if necessary. Maybe just less acceleration or Coordinated Motion Low Pass Filtering.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

CNC_Machines

Post by CNC_Machines » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Thanks Tom! I will check it out, a lot of the jerkyness has to do with the mechanics. The entire assembly is 3D printed. In order to make a solid connection between the plastic pieces and the gearbox shafts, I 3D printed an adapter out of steel with a key slot. It was my first attempt to print metal and there is a lot of slop in the keyway.

I thought it would be nice to wrap up the post with the final code that I wrote..
Attachments
Two Axis Robot.xlsx
(61.68 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
CoordMotion.cpp
(87.64 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
StdAfx.h
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Kinematics2AxisRobot.h
(982 Bytes) Downloaded 100 times
Kinematics2AxisRobot.cpp
(3.07 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Ibzan

Post by Ibzan » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:53 pm

Hello Tom, greetings.
Regarding that type of graphics, where they were programmed, or how they design. I mean the program where you can see the movements of the mechanism.
Thank you so much.
TomKerekes wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:28 pm
TeachMotion example was modified to read motor angles from KFLOP and simulate the linkages linkages

rammed, or how they are made.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:02 pm

Hi Ibzam,

There is a C# example called TeachMotion included in the installation. It uses OpenGL graphics. The standard example shows a Tool that moves around as the axes are Jogged. This is plotted in function glControl1_Paint in file Form1.cs. The 'Tool" is represented by a Polygon with 5 vertices.

Unfortunately I can't find the modifications that were made to display the link arms for the Spray Robot. If I locate them (Unlikely) I will post them.

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.