Kinematics

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

CNC_Machines

Kinematics

Post by CNC_Machines » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Greetings,

I would like to understand what it would take to use the KFLop to run a machine that uses Kinematics other than the standard linear X,X, and z coordinate system. I saw a video showing a KFlop running a Gepetto 3D printer. Also would the KFlop be able to do the Kinematics for a 6 axis robot? Is anyone aware of any source code or examples about how to do this?

Thanks,

Scott

TomKerekes

Re: Kinematics

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi Scott,

Yes it should be possible. See the kinematics page in our wiki.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

CNC_Machines

Post by CNC_Machines » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:52 pm

Wow! I am blown away by the gepetto robit with the ball point pen being able to move in so many directions. The first thing that came to my mind was making a 5 axis FDM 3D printer. Seems like the biggest problem would be finding slicer software that would generate 5Axis code. Wondering if anyone makes a 5Axis FDM printer, or if anyone has written software to make G-Code for that style of printer?

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Thanks. Ethereal Machines makes a 5-Axis 3D Printer using KFLOP/KMotionCNC and won the Best of Innovation Award at CES Las Vegas. They are successful in 3D printing at different angles for specific parts. But yes it isn't clear to me how they would slice parts in general for 5-Axis printing.

Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.