Snap Amp Noise affecting USB connection

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

ZooBDoo

Snap Amp Noise affecting USB connection

Post by ZooBDoo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:03 am

Is the Snap Amp PWM on all the output channels synchronized. i.e. do all the PWM positive pulses on all the bridges activate at the same time? I realize that the pulse widths would be different for each bridge so they would turn off at different times.

I'm having noise issues with a couple of brushless motors causing USB disconnection even though I have an isolator installed.

The reason I'm asking is I built a system with multiple small DC motors a while back and found that if I installed inductors in each motor leg, all the noise issues were eliminated completely. So, if all the bridges PWM signals activate in the same direction at the same time, maybe I could install one inductor in each bus power leg to accomplish the same effect with fewer inductors.

AZ

TomKerekes

Re: Snap Amp Noise affecting USB connection

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:26 pm

Hi AZ,

I don't think they switch at the same time depending on mode, enable/disable, direction and such. Shorting SnapAmp Full Bridge Outputs together would likely cause damage. Probably not a good idea to put an inductor in series with the supply either.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.