Screen Editor unhandled exception

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

LarryJD

Screen Editor unhandled exception

Post by LarryJD » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi, I was working on some custom screens using version 4.3.5f. All was going very well for several days. Then suddenly whenever I went to add a screen script to a button control the following “unhandled exception “message box would popup.

To try to see if I did something to one of my .scr files that caused this, I made a copy of one of the canned screen scrip files and added a button to it. Same exception happened. I next uninstalled and reinstalled 4.3.5f, no change. Then I tried this on a different PC that had 4.3.5f, same thing.

I’m wondering if there was a windows update that happened on both systems? Any thoughts on how to move forward will be greatly appreciated.

The forum will not let me paste the full detailed exception text, so I'm adding it as an attachment, as well as the image of the message box.
ScriptFormException.png
ScriptFormException.txt
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Thanks,
Larry

TomKerekes

Re: Screen Editor unhandled exception

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi Larry,

We found a bug.

Please download and try this updated KMotionCNC Screen Editor.

Fixes crash when adding a Script command to a button where the Script is to load a Screen Script File and selecting a file in the same folder as the main Screen Script which is also in the default Screens directory. The code attempted to remove the path twice.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

LarryJD

Re: Screen Editor unhandled exception

Post by LarryJD » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:11 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks you for the amazingly quick patch! Just tried it and it works! You're the best!

Thanks,
Larry