Setting button text

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

RogerFroud

Setting button text

Post by RogerFroud » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:25 pm

I've moved user button 3 to the position shown by the red arrow, and expected the 'Reset' text to appear in the box, but it remains blank. I've already done something similar when I added the Home button, and that works fine. I've looked as the two different buttons, and i can't see why it works on one and not the other.
Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
Attachments
Button text missing.jpg

TomKerekes

Re: Setting button text

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:45 pm

User Buttons 0-9 (IDC_But0 - IDC_But9) are the legacy (prior to Screen Editor) User Buttons that can be configured with text and shown/hidden from the Tool Setup | User Buttons Screen. Avoid using those in the Screen Editor or configure both to display in the same manner.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

RogerFroud

Post by RogerFroud » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:07 pm

Is there a way to put text in them? If not, I'll just leave them as they are, I know what they do.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to implement them so they work like the others? If not, it would be less confusing to just delete them, and save questions like this that I have to post, and you have to answer.

LarryJD

Post by LarryJD » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:31 pm

I think I may have found a related issue, regarding the Step Size "StepN" buttons. I wanted to remove the "10" radio button (Step5). I set it to "hide" in the screen editor, which worked fine. However when I would open the "Tool Setup" utility, make no changes, just click OK to close it, the Step5 radio button would become visible. The work around for this was to move the Step5 button outside of the screen boundary.

Larry

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:38 am

Hi Larry,

That's a bit confusing as the Step Buttons can also be shown/hidden in Tool Setup | Trajectory Planner | Step Increments. A step increment of 0 hides the control. Non-zero shows it. See here. Another workaround is to set the Screen Script and the Tool Setup to not conflict.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

RogerFroud

Post by RogerFroud » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:00 am

I've had several times when I've edited the screen, only to find that some things that were hidden became visible again. However, exiting, going back into the editor and exiting again seems to set it right again. I think some of those were the Step distance radio buttons, but I think there were others. If it happens again, I'll take note of what happens.

LarryJD

Post by LarryJD » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi Tom,
Thanks, I missed that way to remove a speed selection. That works fine.

I did see another control visibility behavior that I don't know if I'm doing something to cause it. I'm using But9. I have it configured in Tool Setup for the action to Execute Program and in Screen Editor for placement and visibility. It works fine, however when I make any unrelated change in Tool Setup, for example on the "M0 - M30" tab, But9 becomes hidden. Restarting KmotionCNC or opening Screen Editor and press Set for any control will make it visible again.

Using 4.3.5f.

Thanks,
Larry

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi Larry,

I can't reproduce that. But whether or not there is Text assigned to the User Buttons in Tool Setup determines whether they are shown or hidden. Do you have Text assigned to But9 in Tool Setup?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

LarryJD

Post by LarryJD » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi Tom,

I believe I did have the same text in both. I decided to simplify things and take your advice and avoid using But0-9 :)

Thanks,
Larry
Thanks,
Larry