KMotionCNC Screen Editor startup problem

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

RobertF

KMotionCNC Screen Editor startup problem

Post by RobertF » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:40 am

Hi,

I've just started having problems with the screen editor. The last time I used it a couple of months ago, everything was fine. Today after trying for a few hours, I'm still having the same unhandled exception error on editor startup i.e.

Rectangle'(X=0,Y=0,Width=0, Height=0)' cannot have width or height equal to zero

The graphics area in the editor displays a big red cross. I can click in the area to find a control, change it's parameters, etc. I just can't see anything but the red cross. I downloaded the latest version and did clean install. I've tried rebooting, different .src files and a few other things. I'm really hoping that someone can help.

Thanks
Rob

TomKerekes

Re: KMotionCNC Screen Editor startup problem

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi Rob,

Strange I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue.

KMotionCNC Screen Editor uses OpenGL to display the graphics. If Windows receives an error or exception while painting the graphics it displays a red X.

Maybe there is some issue with your PC graphics. What Version of Windows are you running? Do you have all updates? I use this GL Viewer to test how my PC's OpenGL is working. You might check if it reports any graphics issues.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

RobertF

Post by RobertF » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:39 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks for responding quickly. Still no joy after playing around with Windows 10 updates, GL Viewer, etc. Note, this is not such a big problem as I can do CNC screen edits from a different PC where everything works ok.

Just one more query. I'm trying to connect an inkjet printer to KFlop via RS232. The printer does not allow me to change it's serial port parameters (i.e. 115200 baud, no parity, 8 databits and 2 stop bits). Is there anyway of changing KFlop 1 stop bits to 2?

Thanks
Rob

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi Rob,

Strange. No sorry, the number of stop Bits is fixed at 1.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

RobertF

Post by RobertF » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:22 pm

Hi Tom,

Ok. I ended up trying it out anyway (i.e. sending RS232 data from KFlop with 1 stop bit to the Inkjet that was set to 2 stop bits). To my pleasant surprise, It worked :). I can now update inkjet text data from a MSG in the g-code. I'm happy for that and your assistance. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Rob

PS: After having used many different CNC systems over many years, I just love everything about Dynomotion.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi Rob,

Glad it worked out for you.

If you haven't already please consider leaving a review for us.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.