Jogging via KMCNC in my app causes surging

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Moray

Jogging via KMCNC in my app causes surging

Post by Moray » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:46 am

I'm just trying to add the ability to jog from within my app, and have copied what I think are all the correct bits of code from the MeasureFiducials code.

Jogging works, however it's surging. I've added output messages in case it was something I was doing wrong via button actions, but on clicking the relevant functions are only being called once (i.e. jog X when clicked, then jog stop when released).

I've tried running it with my timer tick disabled incase it was something to do with my reading KFlop bits, but it's still the same. I've even tried running MeasureFiducials at the same time, and it jogs perfectly, yet my app still surges.

Any ideas?

I've attached the VS solution for you to have a look at.
Attachments
KMoProbe_180924.zip
(151.09 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

Moray

Re: Jogging via KMCNC in my app causes surging

Post by Moray » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:47 pm

Just found the issue. In the MeasureFiducials, the JogSpeed is set by default to 400, but is then changed once the settings are loaded to 1.

Changing that setting in my program has fixed the surging issue, but it has made me realise, that the jogging speed value overrides any axis velocity setting in KMotionCNC. Should they do that?
I've just tested it directly in KMotionCNC, and even if I set the max axis velocity to 0.1 inch/sec (6IPM), the jog buttons still jog at their set speed of 1 inch/sec (60IPM). Should that happen?

TomKerekes

Re: Jogging via KMCNC in my app causes surging

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi Moray,
I've just tested it directly in KMotionCNC, and even if I set the max axis velocity to 0.1 inch/sec (6IPM), the jog buttons still jog at their set speed of 1 inch/sec (60IPM). Should that happen?
That's the way it is designed. The Jog Speed sets the Jog Speed regardless. Besides Jogs are performed with 3rd order Jerk limited motion that you could possibly want to move faster than coordinated feed rates which do not have a Jerk Limit.

Regards
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.