Why kmotionserver?

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

TomKerekes

Re: Why kmotionserver?

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi geraldft,
My main complaint is when I start it up and that damn white window covers my whole monitor, every time! What is the possible purpose of that? I'm sure I have spent way too many total hours resizing it back to the menu strip, which is all that is needed...
KMotion.exe's Main Window persistance was added back in 2016. You must be using an old Version.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

geraldft

Post by geraldft » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:32 pm

You are correct - it did finally change with V434. I haven't migrated yet... 8-)

skeitzer

Post by skeitzer » Wed May 05, 2021 8:40 pm

I can't find any documentation on KmotionServer.. I think the concept is to manage communication from to/from multiple PC applications to/from multiple KFLOP boards.. But I have not found how to set it up/ use it.. I'd like to have both KMOTION running for console access and and KMOTIONCNC for machine control..

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed May 05, 2021 11:23 pm

Hi skeitzer,

Correct, that is the purpose. You don't need to be concerned with KMotionServer as its all transparent to you. Just run KMotion.exe and KMotionCNC.exe at the same time.

HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

PatJefferson

Post by PatJefferson » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:00 am

rlkeck10 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:02 pm
In trying to modify KmotionCNC, it is useful to understand how it works. Unfortunately, there is a LOT of code involved, and it is sometimes obscure and mostly undocumented and uncommented. In looking at it, one of the first questions I came up with is what is the point of KmotionSever.exe? It appears to only add complexity without adding value.
I would really like to redo KmotionCNC using WPF or some other modern GUI framework and get rid of all the MFC stuff (MFC is way past its prime), and to this end it would be nice if the "Driver Model.doc" file or the wiki contained a lot more elaboration on the system architecture.
Can I know more about it?
You can discover many games at android games, diverse genres, ready to bring you diverse and interesting gaming experiences on mobile phones.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:02 pm

What do you want to know?
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.