G code interpreter

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Juanjo-Lasing

G code interpreter

Post by Juanjo-Lasing » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:47 am

Hello,

I am trying to program an aplication with a G code interpreter integrated on it, like in KMCNC.

To use it as example, I was looking for the KMCNC C# code in the PC VCS Examples\KMotinCNCPro folder but the it is empty. It is lost? Should I download it again?

If there is not C# code for KMCNC I would like to know if anyone knows about libraries who could help me to integrate the G code interpreter in my application.

Thank you!

Moray

Re: G code interpreter

Post by Moray » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:05 pm

KMCNC is written in C++, and the source can be found in the PC VC Examples directory.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:57 pm

No sorry the port of KMotionCNC to C# WPF never progressed.

You might see the SimpleGCode, SimpleGCodeWPF, and KMotion_dotNet examples.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Moray

Post by Moray » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:19 pm

I actually spent a bit time a couple weeks ago going through the KMCNC source to try and understand how the key functionality worked together (i.e. how the main Controller is initialised and handled, and how the GCode Interpreter interacts with the Code Viewer and Controller), with a view to writing a C# version, but given my complete lack of MFC understanding, I was none the wiser.

It's something I'll possibly re-visit soon, as I'm working on a new machine that I'll need to extend tool handling functionality, and there is no way I'll manage that with MFC!

Juanjo-Lasing

Post by Juanjo-Lasing » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:00 am

Okay, I'll try to come up with some solution myself by looking at those examples.

Thank you for your replies.