True coordinates, step

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

Engine er

True coordinates, step

Post by Engine er » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:56 am

I noticed that when in Trajectory planer setup page "diameter mode" is selected, in KmotionCNC screen button "step"
step.jpg
for X axis reacts in same manner, if the "diameter mode" have not been selected. I mean in diameter mode when step size is selected 0.1, axis X should move in fact for 0.05. Not big deal, but would be more comfortable to work with manual steps.
I did not see earlier complains as i have, strange but it seems like KmotionCNC has 3 coordinates in memory - machine coordinate, measured position and another one some invisible real coordinate, that is used as absolute coordinate for movement. When i launch KmotionCNC and for example DRO shows X=3.5, i hit "INIT" and send "G90 G1 X2" X goes to 5.5. Seems like that old 3.5 is in future added to all my absolute position that i see on DRO screen, even after command "Zero0" in console, or after setting offset. The only whay to zero that phantom coordinate is hit "STOP", zero all coordinates, and only after that again "INIT".
Maybe i did something wrong? If this is normal, it would be better to see this number in place of machine coordinate.
And i am sorry about my pour english, it's not my native.

TomKerekes

Re: True coordinates, step

Post by TomKerekes » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Hi Engine er,
I noticed that when in Trajectory planer setup page "diameter mode" is selected, in KmotionCNC screen button "step"

for X axis reacts in same manner, if the "diameter mode" have not been selected. I mean in diameter mode when step size is selected 0.1, axis X should move in fact for 0.05. Not big deal, but would be more comfortable to work with manual steps.
Thanks for reporting the Diameter Mode Jog Step Bug. Here is a patch that should fix this. Replace the KMotionCNC.exe within Version 4.34. Please let us know of any issues.

http://dynomotion.com/Software/Patch/Fi ... ionCNC.exe
I did not see earlier complains as i have, strange but it seems like KmotionCNC has 3 coordinates in memory - machine coordinate, measured position and another one some invisible real coordinate, that is used as absolute coordinate for movement. When i launch KmotionCNC and for example DRO shows X=3.5, i hit "INIT" and send "G90 G1 X2" X goes to 5.5. Seems like that old 3.5 is in future added to all my absolute position that i see on DRO screen, even after command "Zero0" in console, or after setting offset. The only whay to zero that phantom coordinate is hit "STOP", zero all coordinates, and only after that again "INIT".
Maybe i did something wrong? If this is normal, it would be better to see this number in place of machine coordinate.
And i am sorry about my pour english, it's not my native.
I don't fully understand. Does your system have encoders? Are the DRO's shown in Green? See DRO colors here.

KMotionCNC only has one set of coordinates (Machine Coordinates) that directly correspond to KFLOP Coordinates. Normally these are Zeroed at the Machine Home Position. Entering "Zero0" in the KMotion.exe Console will Zero these Coordinates.

However the GCode Interpreter has Global and Fixture offsets that determine where the system actually goes. See here. If you open the Edit Offsets Screen you should be able to see any offsets that you have.
EditFixturesDialog[1].png
There are methods to automatically save offsets, manually save offsets, or force all offsets to zero when KMotionCNC starts up.
HTH
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.