adding 0.0055 when zeroing on Kmotion

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

zamfir

adding 0.0055 when zeroing on Kmotion

Post by zamfir » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Howdy,

This does not happen all the time maybe about half the time.

When using Kmotion, I will set up a part using zero probe and then on the appropriate axis hit the zero button.
many times it goes to 0.0000 as one would expect. Other times it sets to 0.0055. Once it does this, the only way to get it to read zero is to use the set button and type in -0.0055. Then display reads 0.0000. I can not seem to find the magic sauce that causes this to happen..or the magic sauce to make it never happen. It has done this on older revision and hoped upgrading to the newest would take care of it. It still happens about 1/4 to 1/2 of the time.
Not a big deal but annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this? What can I do to make it cooperate.

Thanks!
Eric from Colorado

TomKerekes

Re: adding 0.0055 when zeroing on Kmotion

Post by TomKerekes » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi Eric,
I will set up a part using zero probe and then on the appropriate axis hit the zero button.
What do you mean by this?

Does it involve a C Program?

If so is the C Program configured for Exec/wait/Sync ?

Does the C Program adjust by 0.0055 for the probe size?

Regards
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

zamfir

Post by zamfir » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Ohh, I am using a haimer 3d probe with the dial display. So the Haimer itself compensates for the ball size.

I just manually jog over using my pendant until that axis is where I want it to be at zero.

At that point I click the "zero" button on the interface screen for the appropriate axis.

Many times instead of it setting the display box to 0.0000 as it should after clicking the "zero" button for that axis it displays 0.0055

it does not involve any c program I am aware of. Sometimes it does this, other times it zeros as expected. I cannot find a rhyme or reason for when it acts up or not.

Thanks!
Eric

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:57 am

Hi Eric,

Are you operating in inches or mm?

What is the resolution of your Axis?

Do you have encoders? Are you displaying encoder position or commanded destination (are the DROs green or blue).

When the problem occurs select Machine Coordinates and record the DROs. Also record the Axis and Origin offsets. And any Tool Length compensation.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

dmoglianesi

Post by dmoglianesi » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:56 am

hi, I have the same problem with knalog, I have a x45 reducer and I delete it by adjusting the pid to avoid the mechanical blakslash

zamfir

Post by zamfir » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:40 pm

I figured it out. It all has to do with backlash compensation and which direction I come into the edge to set zero. I now have a method to make this not happen. This is why it happened sometimes and others not. It all depended on the direction I was coming into the edge. If I went past where I wanted my zero to be (using a hammer 3d probe so I can go past and know) and changed direction to go back to zero from the other direction, then I get the offset showing up when trying to zero. This is repeatable.