Updating Kmotion CNC

Moderators: TomKerekes, dynomotion

BaxEDM

Updating Kmotion CNC

Post by BaxEDM » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:56 am

Hi,

I've updated my KMotionCNC from 433 to 434, by manually going through all settings in all tool setup screens and copy-pasting them from 433 to 434. I wonder if there is an easier way to do this, now that I have to update multiple machines.

Is there a XML file or config file or something with all settings that could just be copied from 433 to 434 so all settings would move along to the new version? I looked around a while, but couldn't find it.

dynomotion
Site Admin

Re: Updating Kmotion CNC

Post by dynomotion » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi BaxEDM,

he entire configuration of KMotionCNC (including all the tool setup parameters etc.) is stored in a single text file, by default called GCodeConfigCNC.txt, which is located in the \KMotion\Data Directory.

See: https://www.dynomotion.com/wiki/index.p ... n_Versions

You might also want to read this article:
https://dynomotion.com/Help/KMotionCNC/ ... ations.htm

Regards,
Sascha

BaxEDM

Post by BaxEDM » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:27 pm

Thanks! I was looking for that in the manual, might be a good idea to add it there.

Michaeljex

Updating Kmotion CNC

Post by Michaeljex » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:55 am

One question can I take your cpp file above and add it to my project or do I have to update the Irrlicht sources to make use of your change?

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi Michaeljex,

I don't understand your question.
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Demondor

Post by Demondor » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:06 am

Hi, Tom.
Our company uses machines with Kflop and computers without monitors and keyboards. Through remote access, we open the file and select the required G code. If we close KMotionCNC, the selected G code is saved, if turn off and turn on the computer, the previous file is loaded. Is it possible to overwrite the GFilesCNC.txt file (where the names of the uploaded files are stored) by pressing the Save button or in some other way so that it is not necessary to restart KMotionCNC. The text is typed in google translate, sorry for my English.

TomKerekes

Post by TomKerekes » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi Demondor,

I think you are saying that if you unplug the PC without shutting down Windows or Exiting KMotionCNC then the last selected GCode file is not selected when KMotionCNC is re-started.

Currently KMotionCNC only saves which GCode files are selected on program exit.

I suppose KMotionCNC could be changed to periodically check if the selected file changed and if so, update the GFilesCNC.txt file. See function:
void CKMotionCNCDlg::SaveFileNames()
Regards,

Tom Kerekes
Dynomotion, Inc.

Demondor

Post by Demondor » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:24 am

Hi, Tom.
Thanks, all worked well.